1 Pot, 30 Minute Veggie Spring Rolls Fried Rice! Fridge clean up fried rice with cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, with rice or other cooked grains for a quick weeknight meal. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe.
Deep fried Veggie Spring Rolls deconstructed! and tossed into rice to make a 1 pot meal. All the veggie fun and no assembly or frying. Add some toasted wonton wrappers as garnish to this fridge clean up meal for a fun weeknight dinner!
Veggies like thinly sliced cabbage, carrots and peppers are cooked lightly. Some soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder and black pepper adds flavor. You can use this veggie mixture to fill up spring roll or wonton wrappers and bake as well. Or fold in cooked rice or grains of choice to make veggie fried rice and serve as is or as a side with some sweet and sour or kung pao dishes. Delicious!
While you are here, do catch a feature about my second book on Huffington post here, talking about it on Main Street vegan here and a wonderful question answer session at VeganMofo here. Get a copy here.
Back to this 1 Pot simple meal!
Video: Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for all Video Recipes.
More Fried Rice Meals, 1 POT!
- Carrot Veggie Fried Rice- Spiced
- Peanut Sauce Fried Rice
- Masala Fried rice with Turmeric Raita
- thai basil fried rice
My parents are visiting this week for Diwali and my birthday! So we are on a staycation with lots of Indian food and fun. Some of the food shows up on my Instastories. There might be delays in responding to comments on the blog and social media. Do keep tagging me whenever you make something from the blog or my books! I love to see how you all serve the dishes, the changes you make in the recipes and so on. I learn so much from the feedback.
Veggie Spring Rolls Fried Rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 7 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (96 g) sliced carrots
- 1 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups (140 g) packed sliced cabbage
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari to make gluten-free
- 1 tsp sugar , 1/2 to 1 tsp to preference
- 1 tsp vinegar , rice or white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) or more white pepper
- 2.5 to 3 cups (400 - 480 g) cooked and cooled rice
- scallions or cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add carrots and peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the cabbage, 1/4 tsp salt and a good dash of black pepper and cover and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, sauces, and spices and mix in. Cook for a minute. Test the veggies for doneness to preference and cook longer if needed. (depends on the pan and stove etc)
- Mix in the rice, salt (depending on if the rice was already salted), and mix in. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Fluff again, taste and adjust salt , heat and flavor adding more soy sauce and white pepper if needed. Add some red pepper flakes for heat if needed. Cover and let it sit for another 2 minutes before serving. Add some toasted wonton wrappers as garnish if you wish!