Turn this vegan and gluten free berry granola into tasty bars! Jump to Recipe
Its sunny out today.. its sunny out today! (this is what happens to Seattle people when the sun comes out) .. So you know this is going to be a short post 😉
There are berries and berries around. Use any of your fave berries for this granola. Add up or change the nuts, spices and make it your fave summer granola!
Unfortunately, this is chocolate free..:D. Eat as is, with almond milk, greek coconut milk yogurt, or make granola bars.
I had my dentist appointment(me= one side puffy numb lip).. always so expensive! uncomfortable and darn my teeth. If someone knows a magic potion to help keep cavities at bay, please pass it on to me.. my teeth are genetically wired to get loads of them. bet that creates great work for the dentists around.
I am going to give Krya’s toothpowder a try. The good old herbs used by the great grand and grand generation now being researched again. Read up on what could be the problem with toothpastes, brushes and current practices on Krya’s blog.
Mixed and ready to bake.
I used Watermelon seeds in this granola. You can use other seeds as well. Watermelon seeds or Magaz are a great source of Iron, and fat! Yes, they have 79% fat, with 50% saturated. If you cannot use cashews or nuts for creamy curries, dips or cheese, try some melon seed kernels. You can find Watermelon or other melon seed kernels in Indian stores. If you see them anywhere, do let me know.
Lightly roasted Watermelon seed kernels. Back home, we used to eat Cantaloupe/Musk melon seed kernels as snack in summer. The melon seeds are washed and dried in sunlight, then hulled. All the kids would sit together, peel/hull the seeds and eat them.
Berry Granola, mangoes, Wheat baguette and hot Masala Chai for Brekki.
Very Berry Granola
Turn this vegan and gluten free berry granola into tasty bars!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup (40.5 g) Oats
- 1/2 cup (95 g) brown rice krispies
- 1/4 cup (35.75 g) Almond slivers
- 1/4 cup (29.25 g) chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cranberries
- 1/4 cup (36.25 g) raisins/dried blueberries/goji berries
- 1/4 cup (35 g) Watermelon Seeds Magaj or sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) spices of choice I added a pinch of cinnamon and ginger
- a few drops of stevia or a Tablespoon of raw sugar powdered optional, for sweeter
- a generous pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup (51.67 g) berry puree
- 1/4 cup (20.25 g) Oats flour
- Berry Puree as needed 1/4+ cup
- Puree a cup of berries of choice, without water and keep aside. I used Blueberries and Strawberries.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix for a few seconds.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/3 cup berry puree and combine coconut oil, agave, sugar and salt.
- Heat till just about a boil.
- Add this to the dry. Mix well. Add more berry puree if needed.(It depends on the berries and the moisture content.)
- Spread the mixture on parchment lined tray.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Mix it up bit, rotate the baking tray, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and press lightly with spatula to get the granola to stick.
- Cool completely before storing.
For the granola bars
- Add Oat flour and berry puree to the granola. Add enough puree to wet the granola so it sticks easily.
Press the mixture into a pan. Press evenly and well.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until dry in the center.
Nutritional values are based on one serving of granola
Very Berry Granola
Amount Per Serving
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 95IU2%
Vitamin C 1.4mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
The granola and bars are being shared at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Ricki’s wellness weekend, Slighlty Indlugent Tuesdays, Hearth and soul blog hop