Tons of fruits in the house and they need to be finished up somehow. I made some more Aam Panna and ate some mango, grapes, raspberries and black berries for breakfast. There are still lots of fruit sitting the refrigerator waiting to get mushy. So I decided to put some in a bread!
This is another great fruity bread with a tangy mango taste and colourful raspberries and Mint to add another dimension to it!. Great breakfast with hot tea!
- 1 cup bread flour
- 3 or more cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 mango ( I used honey manila mango) 1/2 pureed and 1/2 chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2-3 mint leaves crushed
- I made the starter this time and let it sit in the refrigerator for a day. For the starter, warm 1/2 cup water and add 1 teaspoon yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to it and mix well.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add 1 cup bread flour to it and mix well.
- Keep this mixture in a covered container in the fridge for a day.
- For the main dough, warm 1/2 cup water and add 1 teaspoon yeast to it and mix well.
- Let it stand until frothy(10 minutes)
- Add in the milk, sugar, 1 cup wheat flour, salt and nutmeg and mix well.
- Add in the mango puree(1/2 mango) and crushed mint. (You can add more mango puree if to add a more mango taste to the bread!!)
- Add in the starter dough which has been brought to room temperature.
- Add wheat flour 1 cup at a time and knead into a soft dough.
- Place dough in a well oiled container, cover it with plastic wrap and place in a warm oven for an hour or until doubled.
- Take the dough out and knead on a well floured surface for 5 minutes.
- Add in the chopped mango and raspberries and knead well.
- Place this dough in a well oiled bread pan.
- Place pan in a warm oven for half an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Spray water twice every 5 minutes in the first 10 minutes of baking.
- Tap the bread to see if it makes a hollow sound to confirm that the bread is done.
- Cool on rack before slicing!
This bread is off to YeastSpotting!!