This one's got some mashed potato and the water in which i boiled the potato.. Nice and starchy!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 packet quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 medium sized potato boiled and mashed
- 2/3 cup potato water (water in which I boiled the potato)
- oil for greasing
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup warm potato water and yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar and mix well. Wait until the mixture becomes frothy. 10 minutes.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add the flours, oil, salt and mashed potato and mix well.
- Add in the yeast mixture and the remaining potato water and knead for 8-10 minutes (batches of 3 minutes) Add more flour or water if required.
- The dough should leave the sides and be soft ant not sticky.
- Place dough in well greased container covered in a warm place for an hour to 80 minutes.
- Punch the dough down and use some flour to knead it to make it less sticky.
- Shape the loaf by pulling on all sides and tucking under and place in well greased bread pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until the bread looks nice and brown and sounds hollow.
- Cool completely before slicing! and Enjoy the roasty potato taste!
This one is headed to Yeastspotting!