Heres another simple indian meal! Beans, veggies and whole grain bread!!
The ever present Garbanzo bean/Chickpea curry(everyday Chole/Chana Masala) and a current favorite, served with green onion and potatoes subzi and Whole wheat Roti.
Some of the Garbanzo beans curry(Chole) recipes that I’ve posted before.
Everyday Chole (Everyday Chana Masala curry)
Imli Chole (Sweet and sour Tamarind Chickpeas)
Palak Chole (Garbanzo beans/Chickpea curry with spinach)
Kadhai Chole (Garbanzo beans/Chickpea curry cooked in a deep pot)
Our usual simple whole wheat Indian flat bread(Roti or Chapati). How to make your own Roti. Substitute clarified butter with high fat oil in the given link’s recipe.
Of course, we eat a lot of indian food:) A huge percentage of Indian food from all different parts of India is already Vegetarain and hence easily veganized!. It just comes naturally to us and makes life simpler! Eat well balanced Indian meals and you wont have to worry about nutrition! Grains, beans, veggies, and salads!
Phukein or Spiced Green Onion and Potatoes dry preparation.
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium heat for a minute.
- Add in the cumin seeds and let them cook for a few seconds.
- Add in the garlic and chili and cook for a minute.
- Add in the potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes, covered on low-medium heat.
- Add in the green onions, turmeric and a little salt and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes are well cooked.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! Serve as part of meal with any lentil curry(Daal), or beans curry, or other soups/stews, Indian bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle.(my current favorite is the punjabi raw mango pickle)
- Another way to make this, is with Boiled potatoes. Add the boiled potatoes to the pan at Step 4.
- Mix well to coat. Add in the green onions as well along with the salt and turmeric and mix well. Cook on low heat for 6-8 minutes since the potatoes are already cooked. The green onions look fresher and retain their shape when cooked this way! Have a fun day!