I posted my Candied lime coconut almond cookies with coconut oil, an hour before the Iron Chef got posted:(. So I am not sure if that will be included.. so here is another entry..
Almost Raw, Glutenfree, Rummmmm ballls!
And also a rescue feature today. Scroll down to read more about Old Dog Haven!
- 2/3+ cup dry coconut small flakes
- 2 Tablespoons oats
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon warm coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Agave or maple syrup ( or any thick sugar/sweet syrup)
- 3-4 Tablespoons Rum
- cocoa powder, coconut flakes or melted vegan chocolate for rolling
- Grind the almonds to a coarse powder (some of it will start sticking because of the released oil).
- Add oats and 1/4 cup coconut flakes and grind all together again.
- In a bowl, add this clumpy mixture, rum, oil, salt and agave and mix.
- Grind the raw sugar to a fine powder and add to the bowl.
- Mix and keep adding coconut flakes till you get a soft dough. Adjust sweetness by adding more powdered sugar or agave.
- Chill for half an hour.
- Make balls and roll in coconut flakes, or cocoa powder or cover in melted chocolate!
- These are very flexible balls.. Add some chocolate chips or pistachios in the middle. Substitute rum with fave essence/extract(a few drops of rose, vanilla, kewra or a pinch or cardamom) to make them into festive Indian sweet balls ( Laddoo)! Add a little more agave syrup and a few drops of water if substituting rum to help get the balls together.
Old Dog Haven is a wonderful set of people working to help Washington state's homeless Senior dogs, sometimes out of state dogs too!
They also assist in senior dog placement.Their goal "To provide a loving, safe home for senior dogs abandoned at this stage of their lives. When we have room, and the means, we take these dogs into our homes; if possible we adopt out those with a reasonable life-expectancy. We care for the rest as long as they have good quality of life. In addition, we try to assist owners in finding new homes for their senior dogs through our website and referrals"
Happy Sunday! Make these minus the rum into Coconut Laddoos! Happy Deepawali to everyone! Check out my Indian Sweets round up here for vegan Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, besan laddoos and more..
These balls are headed to Ricki's Wellness Weekend Oct 20-24, and Simply Gf' Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Melt in your mouth mondays, and Vegan Monday at Veggieconverter.. and Hearth and Soul blog hop, Amee's Fit and Fab Fridays.