If you haven’t heard yet, my rescue pup Chewie (pomeranian) has been coughing a lot and has been tentatively diagnosed with Tracheal collapse. His cough suppressant (butraphanol) doesn’t seem to be doing a good job. We will be talking to his vet again tomorrow. If anyone has any pointers for natural remedies to help ease his coughing and dealing with the collapsed trachea, please do write to me on the post, email or on any of my social media.
More Fall Breakfast options
Baked Spiced Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon sugar yum
Baked Coconut Crusted French Toasts
Pumpkin Spice Nog Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Spiced apple Cake with Salted Caramel
Pumpkin Breakfast Loaf. GF
Zesty Coconut Macaroons and Pistachio Thumbprints with cranberry sauce
Mix up all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, curdle the almond milk and then add the rest under wet ingredients.
Mix the dry into the wet until just about combined. Spoon the batter or pipe into muffin pan.
Bake until toothpick from the center comes out clean. Serve warm
Warm Vegan Pumpkin Muffins out of the oven!
Spiced Coconut Pumpkin Muffins
Allergen Information: Free from Dairy,egg, corn, soy, yeast, palm oil, nut.
Makes 6-7 muffins. Easily doubled
1/2 cup whole wheat flour or spelt flour
1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- ½ cup whole wheat flour or spelt flour
- ½ cup unbleached white wheat flour or all purpose flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (or use 2 Tablespoons flour if you would like to omit coconut)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice(optional)
- ¼ cup almond milk or other non dairy milk to make nut-free
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned, not pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (not melted) or organic canola or softened vegan butter
- ½ cup ground raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and keep ready. In another bowl, add the vinegar to almond milk and let curdle for a minute. Add the flax meal and mix. Add the pumpkin puree, salt, molasses, sugar and oil and mix well to combine. Add the wet to the dry and and mix till just about combined into a stiff-ish batter. Do not over mix. Spoon or pipe the batter into lined or greased muffin pan. Bake for 18-19 minutes or until a toothpick form the center comes out clean.