Sticky Ginger Sesame Tofu and Veggie stir fry with vermicelli or maifun noodles. Easy 1 Pot weekday 30 Minute Dinner. No Refined Sugar! Maple syrup adds sweetness. Vegan Gluten-free nut-free Recipe. Use chickpeas or more veggies to make Tofu-free.
This bowl of amazing food can be ready to serve within 30 minutes. Sticky, gingery, sesame tofu stir fry. Serve over rice/grains or vermicelli noodles!
The sauce is simple and uses maple to sweeten. Crisp up the tofu, roast the veggies, add sauce ingredients, thicken and done. I served this over brown rice maifun. You can also use my general tso’s sauce to make this stir fry. Use whichever veggies you have. Use more veggies or chickpeas instead of tofu to make tofu-free. Add some crunch with bean sprouts or cucumbers. Serve hot for winters and warm cool in the summer. Easy, quick and Delicious. Also without any added refined sugar. This saue uses maple syrup for the sweet profile. What are you cooking up this weekend?
More quick meals
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- Tofu, Veggies, Brown Rice Noodles with from scratch hoisin sauce . GF
If you make this easy stir fry, do tag me on Instagram #veganricha and leave me a comment on this post. Feedback helps me make better, clearer recipes and I (and others who want to make it) also learn all the substitutions that work!
Steps: Brown the Tofu.
Remove from the skillet. Add veggies and cook to golden.
Add ginger and garlic and cook fora few minutes.
Add sauce and tofu and bring to a boil.
Add cornstarch slurry to thicken
Cook to thicken. Taste and adjust salt and heat.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro
- 6 to 8 oz brown rice vermicelli or maifun or rice noodles
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- 12 to 14 oz firm tofu
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ or 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 hot chile , green (Serrano) or red(birds eye)
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ to 1 cup other veggies of choice
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger, peel ginger and mince
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ to ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 to 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp orange juice (optional)
- a generous dash of black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or use arrowroot starch)
- ¼ cup water
- cilantro for garnish, 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish, epper flakes as needed
- Prepare the vermicelli/rice noodles according to instructions on the package. Rinse in Cold water and transfer to a bowl. Add a dash of lemon or lime juice, pepper flakes and ½ tsp sesame oil(optional) and toss. Divide into 2 or 3 serving bowls.
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and then a kitchen towel. Place a heavy book on it for 5 minutes. unwrap and cube into small cubes. (or press using tofu press and cube)
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the cubed tofu and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until golden on some sides. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add sesame oil, peppers, chile pepper and other veggies if using. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally
- Add the sauce ingredients till salt and mix. Add the crisped tofu and bring the mixture to a good rolling boil. 3 to 4 minutes
- Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl to make a slurry. Add cornstarch slurry and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Taste adjust heat and sweet. Add some coconut sugar/sweetener or cayenne if needed.
- Divide into the serving bowls.. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds,pepper flakes and cilantro. Add crunchy sides as sliced cucumber, sprouts or carrots.
To toast sesame seeds, dry roast them over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until they change color slightly.