1 Bowl Easy Vegan Donuts Recipe with Chocolate Glaze. Classic Vegan Doughnut. Quick and fun chocolate glazed doughnut. Simple Baked Vanilla Donut Recipe. Vegan Soy-free Palm-oil free.
These super easy yeasted donuts come together quickly and make a great dessert, snack or breakfast. Well I don’t eat them for breakfast :).
The yeasted batter keeps these super soft and moist just like traditional fried doughnuts. Some baking powder adds the extra rise. A pinch of nutmeg and some almond flour adds a subtle flavor to the plain doughnut. Add your favorite glaze, a plain sugar icing, chocolate sugar glaze, spiced or sprinkles! I glazed these with melted chocolate glaze and some shredded coconut.
For variation, add in some chia seeds and Use a nut butter chocolate glaze for a heartier doughnut. What are your favorite doughnut flavors?. If you follow me on Instagram, I have been posting my experiments with making gluten-free donuts on my IG stories. Gluten-free donuts are coming soon!
The glaze is more like a ganache glaze as I prefer that to the sugar icing. 2 cups of sugar for an icing makes me nervous :). So this glaze is melted chocolate with just a bit of sweetening. I use palm oil free chocolate brands for the glaze.
More sweet breakfast options from the blog
- Vegan Banana French Toasts with Caramelized Banana
- 1 Bowl Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. GF option
- Carrot Turmeric Chia Muffins
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Tall and Moist Banana Muffins. GF
- Chia Orange Cranberry Muffins
If you make these fun Doughnuts, do leave me a comment on the post and rate the recipe!
Mix the wet.
Whisk in the dry. And transfer batter to a ziplock.
Prepare the glaze, dip the donuts, tap to drop the excess and place on a rack to let the chocolate set.
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (refined for neutral flavor or use other oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a generous pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil
- ½ cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a doughnut pan.
- Warm non dairy milk and maple and sugar in a saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave. The mixture should be jut warm to touch. Mix well to combine the sugar. Add yeast and mix in. Let sit for 5 mins to activate. Add oil, vanilla, spices and mix in.
- Add flours, baking powder, salt and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Let the batter sit for 10 mins. It should increase in volume. Transfer to a ziplock. Snip one of the ends of the bag and pour into greased donut pan. Or use a spoon to fill the greased doughnut pan. I usually like to fill them a bit more than half to make thinner donuts rather than very tall results.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 to 12 mins.
- Cool for a minute. Tap to release, cool completely before adding a glaze.
- Dip in prepared glaze and let it sit in a cool place for a few minutes to set. Serve.
- Mix the sugar and milk over medium heat. Add oil and mix in. Take off heat. Add chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Whisk to melt until smooth. Dip the doughnuts to coat, or drizzle the chocolate on the doughnuts.