Easy One Bowl Strawberry Cake. Vegan Strawberry Cake with whipped coconut cream or strawberry beet buttercream frosting. Vegan Spring Cake Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe. Pin this post.
Strawberries are appearing all around. All ripe and pretty and delicious. What do you do with the load when you are tired of eating them as is? Make cake! This cake is adapted from my 1 bowl Orange Cake. Easy, tasty and ready within minutes. Blend up the strawberries with non dairy milk. Add to the bowl of dry flours, mix and bake.
For more pink color, add some cooked beet along with the strawberries in the blender. Serve the cake with lightly sweetened whipped coconut cream and strawberries or strawberry preserves. For a frosting, blend soaked cashews with strawberry preserves, a good pinch of salt and vanilla to a frosting consistency. Or make vegan buttercream frosting with the preserves + beet puree. Frost the cake and decorate with fresh strawberries! We finished up this one with some masala chai every evening.
I use 1/2 cup non dairy milk and a loaded cup of strawberries for the wet in the cake. You can also use just strawberries. Use 2 cups of chopped strawberries, puree and use instead of the 1/2 cup milk + strawberry puree.
More cakes from the blog
- 1 bowl Orange Cake
- Cream Cheese Marble Pound Cake
- Basic Vegan Yellow Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate PB Ganache
- Gingerbread Cake
The cake is incredibly moist and soft. For stronger strawberry flavor, blend in some strawberry preserves along with the fresh strawberries or make a layer cake with the preserves between the layers!
1 Bowl Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour or pastry flour
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) unbleached white flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp starch like cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk
- 1 cup (144 g) chopped ripe strawberries (loaded) scant 1.5 cups
- 1 tsp white vinegar or use apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (219 g) unrefined or raw sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 185ºc. Line or grease a cake pan. In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients really well.
- Add all wet ingredients except oil to blender and blend until smooth. Add the blended puree to the dry bowl. Add oil. Mix to make a smooth batter. Transfer the batter to the cake pan and even the top with a spatula if needed.
- Bake at 365 degrees F / 185ºc for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean. It depends on the pan, oven and moisture content of the strawberries.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on the wire rack for another 10 minutes or longer before slicing. Serve with whipped coconut cream and fresh strawberries or strawberry preserves.
Add 2 tbsp strawberry preserves or more strawberry flavor. For a layer cake: Divide the batter into 2 cake pans to make thinner cakes. Layer with strawberry preserves and frost with your favorite pink frosting. Easy frosting: blend soaked cashews with strawberry preserves, a good pinch of salt and vanilla to a frosting consistency. Nutritional values based on one serving