Easy Spicy mango chutney. Indian mango chutney to use as a condiment or to make into mango curry. Jump to Recipe
This is one addictive chutney. You can tweak the chutney according to taste for sweetness, sourness, spice level etc. Use it as a dip with chips or toasts, as a side with a regular meal.. Make a curry out it with some cashew cream and add Tempeh or Veggies to it and find yourself with a fantastic Mango curry right from a good Indian Restaurant! There’s lots more to do with it..
- 1 teaspoon organic high fat oil I used organic canola. coconut would work too
- 1 diced champagne mango or large mango preferably very ripe
- 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes or 1 broken dry red chili adjust to taste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Raw sugar or equivalent jaggery or packed brown sugar or other sweetener. adjust to taste less or more
- 2 Tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon each of cinnamon clove, cardamom, nutmeg powders (add or remove spices according to taste.). Can also use 1/4 teaspoon of Kashmiri Garam Masala
- In a large non stick or non-reactive pot, add oil and heat on low, swirl to spread on the bottom.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on medium-low heat and bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 25 minutes.
- Stir frequently to keep from sticking.
- Taste for sweet, sour, spice levels, adjust spices, mix well and take off heat after another minute.
- Let cool before canning.
Nutritional values based on one serving