These can be dipped and soaked in a hot Root Vegetable Carrot Leek Celery Soup posted earlier here!
A round up of some favorite Holiday Sweet things in the earlier post here, Fudge, cookies, flan, Cake, Stollen Bread and more.
Garlic, Scallion, Jalapeno Savory Buns/Rolls Vegan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 1.5 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 2/3 cup (83.33 g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (50 g) of scallions/green onions , green parts finely chopped
- 1/2 (0.5 ) Jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons organic canola oil or olive oil
- In a large bowl, add warm water, quick rise yeast and raw sugar. Mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, add bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt, cumin powder, garlic cloves finely chopped, 1 scallions/green onions, Jalapeno pepper finely chopped. Mix all well together.
- In the yeast bowl, add 2 Tablespoons organic canola oil or olive oil and mix.
- Add to it, the flour mixture and knead into a soft dough(knead 4-5 minutes). Add more bread flour if needed.
- Spritz top with oil, cover with towel and let sit for 1.5 hours or until doubled.
- Knead dough for a minute, and divide into small balls, half the size of the final bun size you want.
- Place balls on parchment. Spritz top with water and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Cover with a towel and let rise for another 50 minutes or until almost doubled.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.(until golden and a tap on top sounds hollow)
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with soups, olive oil, dips, vegan butter spreads or any which way!
- Total time does not include 2.5 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving