Carrot Almond Cranberry Muffin Top Cookies
- 3/4 cup (96 g) carrots
- 1/2 cup (71.5 g) almonds ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 3 Tablespoons raw granulated sugar 1 Tablespoon more if you like your muffin tops sweeter
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) cardamom or other spices of choice
- 1 Tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup (30 g) all purpose flour or finely ground oat flour
- 3/4 cup (90 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1/3 cup (40.4 g) dried cranberries
- Puree the carrots with a 1/4 cup water.
- In a pan, add the coconut oil, carrots and almond flour and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until the puree or the mass starts to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool for a minute and add flaxmeal, vinegar, spices. salt, sugar and canola oil and mix well. Let the mix cool to atleast lukewarm.
- Whisk the flours and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add the flours and cranberries and mix till just about combined. Add more flour to get a dryish muffin batter/sticky dough but not stiff.
- Oil hands and make somewhat ball shapes and pat slightly on parchment.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at preheated 350 degrees F , until the center is not runny.
- Cool on rack for 2 minutes. Finish them up within 2 days if on counter top.