Made these Muffin top cookies a while back. These muffin tops are just that.. Moist and soft and perfect muffin tops without the bottom! They look like crisp cookies , but when you bite into them, they will melt in your mouth
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup almonds ground
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 3 Tablespoons raw granulated sugar 1 Tablespoon more if you like your muffin tops sweeter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom or other spices of choice
- 1 Tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon organic canola oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour or finely ground oat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Puree the carrots with a 1/4 cup water.
- In a pan, add the coconut oil, carrots and almond flour and cook on low for 5-7 minutes until the puree or the mass starts to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool for a minute and add flaxmeal, vinegar, spices. salt, sugar and canola oil and mix well. Let the mix cool to atleast lukewarm.
- Whisk the flours and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add the flours and cranberries and mix till just about combined. Add more flour to get a dryish muffin batter/sticky dough but not stiff.
- Oil hands and make somewhat ball shapes and pat slightly on parchment.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at preheated 350 degrees F , until the center is not runny.
- Cool on rack for 2 minutes. Finish them up within 2 days if on counter top.
Use Pumpkin, thick apple or pear puree or other fruit puree for variations.
Nutritional values are based on one cookie of 12