Vegan Garlic Fried Rice with Celery, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Carrots and Peas. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Recipe.
The other meal we had yesterday was this fun somewhat Mexican Pizza. A quick Black beans, tomato, jalapeno mish mash, topped with fresh tomato, red onion salsa on a Wheat Crust. Baked for 14 minutes at 400 degrees F, then topped with Jalapeno cheddary Nacho cheese(I dont remember the brand, we picked it up a wedge from whole foods), ranch dressing(I made a small portion of this recipe with just cashews) and chopped lettuce. Sliced and eaten within 5 minutes.
What am I looking forward to in the new year, is beating my own anxiety issues to the curb. Getting my energy back and figuring out my balance. I am quite tired of walking into a store and losing balance just when I reach the back aisle, and not knowing if i will be able to walk back on my own. I think I might just learn how to walk blind folded, coz my eyes always give me bad feedback and screw up the darn balance. We shall see.
And hopefully finding a sweet little house with a yard, so I can start fostering again. It is difficult and much more tiring to house train the dogs without a yard. And cooking a lot more too. Spending time in the kitchen cheers up these dark and rainy days.
I am thankful for the continuous support from hubbs and from you all, the blogger community and everyone who drops by to read or comment or make my recipes. Have a great Holiday season you all.
Vegan Garlic Fried Rice with Celery, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Carrots and Peas. Glutenfree Vegan Recipe
- 2 teaspoons organic canola oil or any high smoke point oil or refined sesame oil
- 8-10 cloves (8 cloves) of garlic chopped
- 2-3 cups (316 g) cooked Rice or noodles or Quinoa
- 2 cups (364 g) vegetables I used onions, red and green bell peppers, celery, button mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and peas
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil I used unrefined
- 1 Tablespoon or more Soy sauce or soy-free Coconut aminos to taste or other vegan asian sauces of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) black pepper
- In a wok or large pan/skillet, heat 2-3 teaspoons of a high smoke point oil of choice on high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add onions and green and red bell peppers and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown on the edges.
- Add mushrooms and celery and cook for another 2 minutes.
- At this point, you can also add regular tofu or Soy-free tofu or steamed Tempeh for more protein, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli, carrots, peas, salt, black pepper and sugar. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in cooked rice or noodles(or quinoa), soy sauce/liquid aminos and sesame oil.
- Toss well, taste and adjust salt, spice and seasoning. Add a splash of water if needed. Add in some Sriracha or other chili sauce for the heat.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Garlicky noodles with veggies.