Cauliflower comes to the rescue again today. Grated up and added to the delicious cilantro based curry. If you are not a big fan of cilantro, you can substitute a good portion of it with any greens of choice like spinach. Crumbled up Tempeh would work beautifully in this curry too, especially to give the dish a more toothy and textured result.
More Meaty curries Vegan-ized
Tempeh Kale Tikka Masala
Palak/Saag Tofu – Tofu “Paneer” in Spinach curry.
Tempeh Do Pyaaza – double onion curry
Mango Curry Tempeh
Dhania Tempeh – Tempeh in Cilantro tomato curry
Tempeh Shallot Onion Chili roast
Blend up the cilantro, onion and spices and cook on medium heat.
Once the cilantro onion mixture is fairly dry, add the red peppers and cauliflower to it. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
add water or almond milk and salt. Mix and cook covered until the cauliflower is cooked.
Serve hot with flat breads, rice or grains or top a salad.
Gobi Mutter Keema - Minced Cauliflower and Peas in Cilantro Onion curry. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red onion chopped
- 1 cup (16 g) packed cilantro
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 inch (0.5 inch) knob of ginger
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cumin seeds
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- a generous pinch of cinnamon powder cardamom powder, cloves powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garam masala
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) head of cauliflower or 1.5-2 cups grated
- 1/2 cup (72.5 g) frozen green peas
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) water or non dairy milk
- a generous dash of cayenne or chili powder
- Blend the onion, cilantro, chili, spices into a smooth puree(use 1/2 cup or more water). In a pan, add a teaspoon of oil and heat on medium heat. Add the puree and cook uncovered for 15-18 minutes or until it gets dry and clumpy. Reduce heat to low-medium after 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Meanwhile, chop up the cauliflower and rice(chop) it in a blender or food processor or grate. Slice the red bell peppers and other veggies if adding.
- Add the grated cauliflower and red bell pepper to the dry onion cilantro curry. Mix well to evenly distribute and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add peas and a 1/2 cup of water(add almond milk for creamier version), lemon juice and salt. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. Mix and adjust salt and spice/cayenne. Cook uncovered to dry the curry a bit to preference or until the cauliflower is tender to preference. 3-5 minutes. Serve hot with Naan/flatbread or rice or grains or fill up tacos or lettuce leaves.
Variations: dry roast the whole spices(fennel and cumin seeds and black peppercorns) in a pan for a minute on medium heat until the fennel seeds change color, and then add to blender. Nutritional values based on one serving