Mango Curry Tempeh. Restaurant Curries In Your Kitchen. A delicious, easy and flavor packed curry made with tempeh and spices. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Tempeh in sweet and spicy Mango curry
Free of Dairy, egg, corn, gluten
Mango Curry Tempeh. Restaurant Curries In Your Kitchen. Vegan Gluten Free Recipe
- 4 oz tempeh cubed (3/4 cup, steam in boiling water for 8-10 mins, drain and use)
- 2 teaspoons organic canola oil or any cooking oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) garam masala (optional)
- 1/2 cup (170 g) spicy mango chutney
- 1/3 cup (43 g) cashews soaked for an hour (less or more for creaminess)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) Serrano chili pepper chopped (use less or more for your spice level, the organic serrano pepper we are getting these days is killing us with the heat level. The non-organic ones are not as hot and we use 1 to 1.5 whole chili pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- In a large pan, add oil and heat at medium heat.
- Add in the serrano chili peppers, fennel seeds and onion and cook on medium low heat for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally, till the onions are golden.
- Cool the onions a little and blend with the cashews, garam masala, mango chutney and 3/4 cup water into a creamy puree.
- In the same pan, add in this puree, salt and cubed tempeh and mix well.
- Cook on low heat, covered, for 25-30 minutes or until the curry thickens and the tempeh almost doubles in size.
- Adjust for salt and spice. Add some water if the curry is too thick. Bring to a boil(3-4 minutes)
- Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro and mint, with Indian flat breads like Roti or Naan or with cumin scented Basmati rice or Quinoa.
- You can add some thickly sliced bell peppers and onions, or cauliflower to the curry along with tempeh as well.