This Blueberry Hazelnut chocolate smoothie bowl is delicious with layers of flavor. Topped with Vega protein Peanut Butter cups. gluten-free vegan recipe
We are very picky when it comes to the taste and texture of the protein powders. Some of them can be such a put off with the extra chalky taste. I usually always add so much more to the smoothie to mask the off taste if any, else we both might fall off the smoothie bandwagon. This is one of the current favorite in the house. Berries + Chocolate Hazelnut butter + Hemp + protein (optional).
Add a bit more non dairy milk or ice for a drinkable smoothie, or keep it thick and top with fresh berries and seeds for a smoothie bowl.
Reading this week.
Raju, the Elephant rescued after 50 years! of slavery to do all sorts of things mostly including begging for food. He changed owner 27 times, so he had a new owner and new abuse every 2 years. Read about his rescue and his story here. I keep crying buckets for him, that it took 50 years to rescue, but now he is finally free.
Support the Elephants on Wildlife SOS here. Wildlife SOS also has worked towards elimination of Dancing Bears in India and is now working to do so in neighboring countries.
This post about the difference between deprivation diets, eating disorders, vegan-ism and the ex-vegan phenomenon.
Blueberry Hazelnut Chocolate Hemp Smoothie bowl with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Snack bars.
For the Smoothie
- 1 to 1.5 cups (148 g) frozen blueberries
- 1 packet Vega chocolate smoothie or chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 cup (183 ml) non dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut butter Justin's or use plain hazelnut or other nut butter
- 3 Tbsp vanilla ice cream or 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract optoinal
- Hemp seeds
- chopped Vega peanut butter cup snack bars or regular peanut butter cups
- Blend everything under smoothie until smooth. Pour or scoop into serving bowls.
- Top with hemp seeds, blueberries and pb snack bars or other toppings of choice.
- Eat up!
- Or blend with a bit more non dairy milk or ice cubes and drink up.