Quick Vegan Pizza with a one rise Thin Spelt Crust, topped with Tofu marinated in bbq and sriracha sauce, loaded with almond milk Pepper Jack cheese. Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with Pepper Jack Pizza. Makes one 13 inch pizza
My time to write up a post has shot up to more than an hour right now. I am hoping things will settle down in another few days. And did I mention that the WP editor fonts are so tiny. more spelling errors in the making. The blog feed has also been giving me some trouble. In spite of all the setting to show summary, the entire post gets sent in the email. Please bear with me while the bugs get resolved. end moaning grr.
Questions: Do you like the entire post in your email or just a snippet? Would you prefer a newsletter of the recent posts once per week, or the current email for every post.
Lets get to this Pizza shall we. This easy bbq tofu Pizza is loaded with my Almond Milk Pepper Jack and is on a super quick No Rise thin Spelt Crust! Toss the Tofu in bbq + sriracha. Make the dough for the crust and shape it. Top it with marinara, veggies and marinated Tofu. Shred all the pepper jack over the pizza and stick it in the oven for 15 mins. done!
And it is oh so good. All the crisp crust, crisped up tofu, melted cheese and the sauce dripping all over. This is one messy and delicious Pizza!
I have loads of Pizzas on the blog which can be found under the Pizza category here. Deep Dish Lasagna, Margerita, Deep Dish Jalapeno Popper, Aloo gobi Pizza, Mac and Cheese Pizza! Lots of GF crusts too!
This pizza is inspired by somer’s sriracha bbq moxarella pizza.
Shape the crust. Add marinara, veggies, marinated tofu and the bbq+sriracha sauce.
Add pepper jack, salt + pepper.
Bake, top with fresh cilantro. slice and Serve immediately! Look at that crisp tofu and the melted cheese!
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp warm hot water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrow root starch
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce. Use my soy free BBQ sauce recipe and Chickpea Tofu to make the pizza soy-free. Or use blanched cauliflower or cooked chickpeas, and toss in the sauces to make soy-free
- 2 -3 tsp sriracha or other chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or garlic paste
- 1 cup cubed firm or super firm tofu pressed
- sliced onions
- sliced red bell peppers
- pasta/marinara sauce or use more bbq sauce as base
- Use my Almond Milk Pepper Jack or other vegan cheese shreds
- Marinate the bbq Tofu: Press the tofu in paper towels well by hand or keep pressed in kitchen towel under a 10 lb weight for 15 mins. Add the sauces, garlic and pressed tofu in a bowl and let sit until ready to use.
Make the Pizza dough: In a bowl, add water, yeast, maple. Mix and let sit for 5 minutes or until frothy. in another bowl, add the dry ingredients. Mix well and add to the yeast mixture. Add oil if using, mix and knead for 2 minutes or until smooth. Roll the dough out on parchment using a little flour if needed into a 12 to 13 inch oval. (roll it out using a rolling pin. Spelt dough does not work well with stretching like a regular pizza dough). Let rest near the oven (for at least 10 mins) while you preheat it to 450 degrees F / 230ºc
- Prep the veggies and get the sauce and other ingredients ready. Spread marinara on the shaped dough. Layer the onions, peppers, other veggies. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add marinated tofu. Drizzle any leftover sriracha bbq sauce over the tofu. Add enough shredded Pepper Jack.
Bake at pre-heated 450 deg F / 230ºc for 12 to 14 mins. Take the pizza out. Sprinkle chopped cilantro, slice and serve!
- Variations: bake the marinated tofu for 20 minutes until crispy and then add to the pizza.
Nutritional values based on one serving