This Easy Tofu Broccoli Bok Choy Stir fry with garlic sesame soy sauce and soba noodles is a quick fix for weekday dinner. Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, nut. Can be made gluten-free with gf noodles.
A super quick weeknight fix today. Marinate the Tofu, steam the broccoli and bok choy with garlic, add the tofu and noodles and done!
Change up the marinade for variations, use more ginger, use more maple for a sweeter sauce, add some orange juice for a citrusy sauce and so on.
Some years ago in some non tofu life, in a far away location (read Seattle), I would take out all of the Tofu from any dish that was served and eat the rest. I would always replace the Tofu with extra veggies if that was possible, whenever we ordered out. I mean, we, especially I do not need to eat tofu to be vegan. Enough beans and lentils show up in every single meal! It does however help to warm up to it for dining out.
Over the recent year or so, I have discovered, like many many others, that it really depends on cooking and flavoring up the piece of white throat clogging thing. For a while, the only way I would eat it would be in my super quick Palak Tofu recipe. Things have so changed since then. Here is a super quick stir fry, Marinate the tofu for as less as 15 minutes to as long as overnight. Longer the better.
What is your favorite stir fry with Tofu?
More quick dinners from the blog.
See those flowers, they are thinly sliced broccoli stem. Peel and slice the stem and use.
Tofu Broccoli Bok Choy Stir fry with Garlic Sesame Soy Sauce and Soba Noodles. Vegan Recipe
- 7 oz (198.45 g) Tofu pressed lightly and cubed
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Tamari/soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) white pepper
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic granules or garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ginger powder
For the stir fry:
- 8 oz (226.8 g) soba noodles.
- 1 tsp coconut or organic canola oil
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cups (91 g) of Broccoli small florets and thinly sliced stems
- 1 large bok choy or a few baby bok choy
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a shallow bowl, mix all the ingredients under Marinade(except tofu). Add cubed tofu and let sit for atleast 15 minutes to a few hours. Longer the better.
- Prepare the Soba noodles according to package instructions and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet at medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the broccoli florets, broccoli stem, bok choy and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green.
- Add the Tofu along with the marinade and cook for a minute. Add the noodles, pepper flakes and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve hot.