This Chocolate Pumpkin Pie you all. You will want to eat the whole Pie all by yourself! Pumpkin + pie spice + melted chocolate + vanilla.. mmm mmmmmm.
Did I tell you it is easy! this Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie/Tart is palm oil free. I use Theo dark chocolate and Enjoy Life Semi sweet chunks, both are cocoa butter based chocolate. (Verify if the chocolate is certified gluten-free if needed as some brands may use shared equipment)
Use Pumpkin or Sweet potato puree. Cook for 5 minutes and done. then you just have to wait for it to chill and set. No Bake if you already have a prepared pie crust. Don’t want a crust, serve it as a pudding!
I used a super easy Pie crust with this Pie. Its just almond flour and flax egg!
More Pies and Tarts from the blog. Use any of the crusts for this Pie!
This is the tart to impress! Silky smooth, chocolate and pumpkin and spices. Serve as is or with whipped coconut cream or a drizzle of salted caramel.
In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, water, maple and oil. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Mix in the vinegar, and spice. In a large bowl mix almond flour and salt. Add flax mixture. Mix well to make a smooth dough. You will have to press and drag so the flax mixture gets incorporated. 1 to 2 minutes. Add a tsp or more water if needed.
Pat the dough down into a flat round disc on parchement. Place another parchemnt on top and Roll it out. By lightly moving the rolling pin from one end to the other. The dough will crack at the edges, which is fine. Place the pie or tart dish on the rolled out dough. Carefully flip, Press down on parchment to transfer dough to dish, then remove the parchment.
Shape the edges.
Bake until golden. Easy peasy. this pie crust is adapted from Helyn’s 2 Ingredient crust.
Make the filling, pour and even it out.
Chill, Slice and serve.
- 1.5 tbsp flaxmeal or chia seed meal use golden flax or white chia seeds to avoid flecks in the crust
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp oil optional
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/3 tsp fine sea salt
- variations: add spices or zest
- In small bowl, combine flaxmeal, water, maple and oil. Let it sit for 2 minutes. Mix in the vinegar, and spice. In a large bowl mix almond flour, coconut sugar and salt. Add flax mixture. Mix well to make a smooth dough. You will have to press and drag so the flax mixture gets incorporated. 1 to 2 minutes. Add a tsp or more water if needed. (Add a Tbsp or more powdered sugar if you like the crust sweeter. You can taste the crust before baking and adjust sweet and salt).
- Pat the dough down into a flat round disc on parchment. Flatten evenly as much as you can by hand. Place another parchment on top and Roll it out to 10 or so inch circle, By lightly moving the rolling pin from one end to the other. The dough will crack at the edges, which is fine. Place the pie or tart dish on the rolled out dough. Carefully flip, Press down on parchment to transfer dough to the dish, then remove the parchment. Shape the edges. *Line the pie dish with parchment before flipping to transfer dough. This will make it easy to remove the pie after baking.
Bake at pre-heated 350 degrees f / 180ºc for 20 to 22 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Cool and use.
nutritional values based on 1 of 8 slices
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- 1.5 Tbsp starch like cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree like this or sweet potato puree 1 15 oz can
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or ground raw sugar use less if using semi sweet chocolate instead of dark chocolate
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, generous pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 3 oz Theo 70% dark chocolate 2/3 cup dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate like Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Mega Chunks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepared Almond Crust from above or other Pie Crust see no bake crust options on the blog</a>
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk and starch and mix well. Add pumpkin, sugar and spices and mix well. Cook to bring to a boil. 5 minutes.
- Take off heat. Add dark and semi sweet chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Then mix well until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix in. Taste and adjust sweet if needed.
- Pour in baked crust like the Almond crust above or any other pie/tart crust. Even it out using a spatula.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours and serve. For clean slices, Put it in the freezer for half an hour to an hour. then slice. Serve as is or with whipped coconut cream or a drizzle of salted caramel.
Variations: add in liquor of choice when you add vanilla extract.
*This is a bittersweet Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. Use all Semi Sweet chocolate make regular Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.
Nutritional values is for 1 of 8 slices including crust