These Nachos come together in 30 minutes. Make the nut-free Vegan Nacho cheese sauce in 10 mins, spice up beans, prepare the toppings, layer and serve. Vegan Nachos Recipe. Soy-free Nut-free Gluten-free Recipe
I had been meaning to make some Nachos with a sauce version of my Nut-Free Agar-free Nacho Cheese Slices and what better day than today. Today is National Nachos day 🙂
Make some Nachos. I made these around Lunch, quickly took some pictures with the winds howling away outside, and ate the whole bowl! Ok I lie. Ate a bit more than half of it. I eat small meals 🙂
These Nachos practically come together within 30 minutes, if you have pre-made salsa and guacamole on hand. Spice up some beans, make the cheese sauce. Warm up the Tortilla chips, layer and serve.
The Nacho cheese Sauce is very addictive. I make some to serve up with crackers, veggies or tortilla chips. Not keen on chickpea flour? Make my cashew based Nacho cheese sauce from this post. Bring the sauce to boil to thicken. Or this 10 Minute regular flour sauce.
There can never be enough Vegan Nachos!
More Nacho things from the blog.
Spice up the beans, make the Nacho cheese sauce, warm the nachos, gather salsa guacamole and other toppings. Ready to layer.
Layer it up and serve immediately.
Vegan Nachos with Nut-free Nacho Cheese
For the Black Beans
- 1 tsp organic canola or safflower oil
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup (74.5 g) chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) chipotle pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cumin powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (NaN tsp) salt
- 15 oz (425.24 g) can black beans drained and rinsed ot 1.5 cups cooked black or pinto beans
- 2 Tbsp water
For the Nut-free Nacho Cheese sauce
- 1.5 cups (366 ml) non dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour or other flour like unbleached white
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder or paste or 1 small clove
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno or 1 tsp fresh jalapeno
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 -3 tsp (2 - 3 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped tomato or chunky salsa
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) turmeric optional for color
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt or to taste
For the Nachos
- Tortilla Chips
- Spiced Black Beans Recipe Above or Refried Pinto Beans
- Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe Above
- pico de gallo or any chunky salsa
- guacamole or mashed avocado mixed with lime juice and salt
- fresh or pickled jalapeno slices cilantro and hot sauce (optional)
Make The Beans
- Heat oil in a skillet at medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Mash some of the beans. Taste and adjust salt and spice.
Make the Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth. Pour into skillet at medium heat. Keep stirring and cook for 5 to 6 minutes so the flour gets cooked through. The mixture will thicken to smooth sauce.
- Carefully taste. Add more salt or spice(chipotle pepper), or lemon juice or vinegar for sour. Use immediately on Nachos.
Make the Nachos
- Warm the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Layer the chips, beans, nacho cheese sauce, salsa/pico de gallo, another layer of chips, cheese sauce, salsa, then guacamole or mashed avocado, fresh or pickled jalapeno and serve. Add a drizzle of vegan sour cream (optional).