This Almond Butter chocolate mousse is easy and super quick. Smooth, creamy and perfect with some whipped coconut cream. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe
This mousse. oh my god!
I made the mousse for one of the holiday dinners. Rich, smooth, creamy, decadent with a light coconut whipped cream. I was pressed for time so I put the melted chocolate, AB and coconut cream together and voila. No tofu!
Just 4 ingredients and ready within minutes. I use almond butter in the mousse because hey I like AB more than PB. Use any smooth nut butter or seed butter. You want the nut butter to be really smooth for the best results.
The mousse is most melt in your mouth rather than fluffy. Add more coconut cream and whip longer for airy mousse. elbow grease 🙂
Some exciting things happening this week.
The Plantrician Project is a non-profit dedicated to developing educational events, tools and resources for physicians and clinicians. An online instructional cooking and nutrition education course is being developed that healthcare professionals can use to prescribe to their patients for prevention and lifestyle health.
This is such a great endeavor. There is general lack of information and support in the medical community for a- dietary changes for better health, and b- understanding and correcting health problems that can happen to people on a plant based diet. find more about the project here.
Sophia over at Veggies dont Bite has made Overnight Oats even easier. A quick, easy and convenient way to prep overnight oats without having to wash any other supplies! She created a jar with pre-measured lines and sections, into which you add several types of ingredients. It moves away from the traditional “follow a recipe” mode of cooking and more into the “create as you go” mode. Each section can be filled with ingredients of your choice for that specific part, there is no need to measure how much of each. You can order her jars on her site here.
Another Game changer in the world of vegan cheese slices. Field roast’s Chao Vegan Cheese slices! so good!
This post above from Instagram which got me to make another batch of the mousse for the pictures. But then it got too dark for the pictures and we ate most of it 🙂
More Chocolate desserts from the blog.
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch optional
- 2 to 3 Tbsp ground sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate or vegan semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup Coco whip or coconut cream
- Mix coconut milk with starch and sugar and heat in a pan over medium heat until just about a boil. Take off heat, Mix well so the sugar is well dissolved. Let it sit for a minute. Add the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Whisk until melted. Wait for the mixture to be warm to touch as some nut butters might separate when mixed in a hot mixture, Add in the almond butter and whisk and whisk until smooth. Use a hand mixer or whisk. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Fold in the coconut cream and whisk and whip. Add more coconut cream and whip longer for a lighter mousse. Pour the mixture into ramekins. Let them chill for a few hours (this gives a great texture) before serving with a dollop of coco whip or vanilla ice cream.
Chill full fat coconut milk cans overnight. Scoop out the thick hard white cream from the top leaving the liquid to use elsewhere. Use this coconut cream in the recipe in the mousse.
To make whipped cream, whip the chilled coconut cream until light. Add vanilla or sugar and whip again and use.
Nutritional values based on one serving