This Thai layered Dip has carrots, Peanut butter sauce, spicy salsa, cilantro, sprouts, & peanuts. all layered up for the perfect appetizer. Asian Flavors, zesty salsa or chopped tomato, onions, Sprouts and Peanuts! Vegan Gluten-free Recipe
Ok people. This dip clearly is a game changer. I made this for the last game this Sunday. And see what happened.
The game went from 19 – 7 with seahawks playing miserably to 22- 28 in the last 5 minutes of the game. yep. Game changer I say.
This dip has layers of shredded carrot or other veggie of choice, Creamy peanut sauce, cilantro and mint, salsa tossed with asian hot sauce, sprouts, and peanuts. (peanuts missing in the pictures – I had to move the dip from photo location to table quickly :). Use Almond Butter to make it Peanut-free.
Add other goodies like cucumbers, crisp noodles and what not. I use home sprouted mung beans, use any sprouts of choice.
And this dip does not go to waste. Use the leftover to toss in some crisped up tofu or veggies for lunch. Or use as salad dressing!
You need to make this dip.
Where are the layers you say, they are there somewhere. Make it look prettier with more defined layers in a smaller and tall trifle bowl kind of thing. Eventually, it will become all mixed up.
Yums to the yums
Tag me #veganricha on Instagram if you make any of the super bowl spread!
This game year has been full of twists and turns. Anyone following the deflategate.
- Shredded Carrots
- Peanut butter or almond butter sauce Recipe below
- Salsa + sambal oelek or Use 1 ripe tomato chopped, 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion, salt, pepper and lime juice and mix. Mix in asian hot sauce to taste
- Chopped cilantro + mint
- Mung Bean Sprouts tossed with salt and pepper
- Peanuts or other nuts or sesame seeds
- A dash of lemon juice
- Add fried noodles cucumbers etc for variation
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter I usually use almond butter
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or use coconut aminos to make soy-free
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or asian chili sauce to taste
- 3 tablespoons or more water
- Make the Peanut butter sauce: Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust spice, tang and sweet. Add more water to blend to a dip consistency.
- Layer the carrots, nut butter sauce, salsa + asian hot sauce, loads of cilantro and mint, sprouts, peanuts, lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Warm in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes if needed. (optional).
- Serve with chips or carrots, celery, cucumber, other vegetables.
Variation: Add a layer of vegan mayo. Add a layer of pineapple or mango cubes.
Use the leftover dip to make a stir fry. Cook vegetables or tofu in a little oil. Add the leftover dip and toss in well. Cook for 5 minutes and serve.
Nutritional values based on one serving