These Gluten free Vegan Chocolate chip cookies are easy and perfect for the snack attack. 3 types of chocolate! palm oil free, dairy free recipe
One event down and the next one right around the corner.
Valentines day or not, a good chocolate chip cookie is a must to have around when the chocolate craving hits. These chocolate chip cookies have mini chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Loads on chocolate in every cookie!
The cookies have oat flour, almond flour and buckwheat. Depending on the dough consistency, flours used and baking time, they can be soft and with a light crunch on each bite, or crisp and crunchy. Bake them till just about to get golden.
I use cocoa butter based vegan chocolate brands like Enjoy Life and Theo. There are other brands that are palm oil free as well like Lulus, chocolate dream, Lindt dark chocolate bars or other dark chocolate chips.
Whats even better is making Sandwich cookies with these. Fill them up with Peanut Butter Chocolate filling!.
Melt some semi sweet vegan chocolate chips on a double boiler. Cool slightly and mix in smooth peanut butter or almond butter. Fill up between 2 cookies and serve up!
More cookies from the blog. all are soy-free and palm oil free.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup ground raw sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter heaped
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal or chia seed meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour use certified gluten-free if needed
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat or sorghum or other gluten-freeflour
- 2 Tbsp starch such as cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks
- 2 tbsp vegan mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, Mix well until well combined
- In a another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except chocolate and whisk well.
- Add dry to the wet. Mix to make a soft somewhat sticky dough. (If the dough is too stiff, add in a bit more oil or non dairy milk). Fold in the chocolate chips and mix to distribute. Chill the dough for 10 to 15 minutes,
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F / 180ºc. Divide the dough in smooth balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly flatten the balls. Put a drop of water at the center of each cookie. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes. Bake until just about starting to get golden on the edges. Longer baking will make them crunchier.
- The cookies wil be soft when they come out of the oven but will harden in a few minutes while they cool. Cool completely before storing.
Nutritional values based on one serving