Chickpea brine is taking over the world of vegan baking and more. If you missed that train, check out all the posts on facebook about it here.
You can use chickpea brine (the leftover liquid after cooking chickpeas or other similar beans) can be used as an egg replacer! Use 3 tablespoons to replace 1 egg in cookies and muffins.
I am just starting to get on the train. These double chocolate cookies with chopped chocolate, chocolate chips, no flax and no palm oil! Bring on the can of chickpeas! Happy Friday!
More cookies from the blog
- Almond butter Oatmeal Breakfast cookies.
- Gluten free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Ultimate Giant Vegan Chocolate Chip & Chunk…
- Vegan Gluten free Shortbread Cookies
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup ground raw sugar or powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp chickpea brine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached white flour or use more white whole wheat flour
- 3.5 Tbsp cocoa powder 4 tbsp for darker
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp salt depending on if the brine was salted
- 3 tbsp finely chopped dark or vegan semi sweet chocolate
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
In a bowl, combine oil, sugar, chickpea brine, vanilla extract and cinnamon until mixed well.
In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and finely chopped dark chocolate and mix well. Combine both the bowls and mix to form a soft sticky dough.
Add chocolate chips and mix well. Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Take handful of the dough and shape into a flat ball. Place on parchment lined sheet and press to flatten. Shape the rest of the cookies.
Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the sheet. Serve or use to make ice cream sandwiches!
To make this without chickpea brine, use 3 tbsp non dairy milk + 1 tbsp flax seed meal. Mix, let sit for a minute and use.
To make these gluten-free: use a gluten-free flour blend, or 1/4 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup rice flour + 1/2 cup oat flour + 1 tbsp starch.
Nutritional values based on one serving