Chickpea Pumpkin Veggie Pizza with Basic Pizza crust. Pumpkin sauce spiced with herbs and spices, topped with spicy chickpeas, veggies and pepita parmesan. Vegan Pizza Recipe. 5 main ingredients – Pumpkin puree + herbs, Chickpeas + spice mix, pizza crust (storebought or homemade), veggies (optional), vegan parm or cheese.
Continuing with the pumpkin season. Here is another easy pumpkin recipe to use up the pumpkin puree! Prep your pizza dough, mix herbs and spices in some chickpeas, mix herbs and spices in pumpkin puree, chop veggies for topping, layer, bake and done. GarNish with fresh herbs like basil or cilantro and vegan parmesan or vegan cheese of choice.
You can also use other squash purees, or mashed sweet potato (chickpea sweet potato Buddha bowl on a pizza!) and other spice combinations. I like pumpkin because I generally have a little puree left from other uses from a can of pumpkin puree which gets used up here. Or use a regular tomato based pizza sauce. I used my basic pizza dough that makes a soft rustic crust.
Whats your favorite way to use Pumpkin in Savory recipes?
More Pizzas from the blog
- Pizza with chipotle red lentil tomato sauce and vegan ricotta
- Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with almond milk pepperjack
- Deep dish Black eyed pea Pizza
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery ranch dressing. very popular.
or try this savory Pumpkin cream sauce pasta.
There are many complex reasons for the cow slaughter ban/ beef ban currently happening in some states in India. Read this article to find out what plays into it and how animals are nowhere in the picture for such decisions. The ban does not apply to buffalo slaughter.
It is mind boggling some days to hear some of the community Gurus or other prominent people talking about how cow slaughter and eating beef is against the culture and not making the connection that India is the biggest exporter of beef (charts) (and the insanely large numbers of cows being slaughtered) because of the dairy industry! Also see this chart of the numbers over the years.
Prep the pizza dough, shape and let it sit for a few minutes near the oven. Toss chickpeas in the spices and mix well.
Mix italian herbs, salt and spices in the pumpkin puree and mix well.
Chop up veggies. Layer the pumpkin sauce, veggies, chickpeas. There are a lot more chickpeas on the pictured pizza than needed, you know because chickpeas. Use less or more.
Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Bake for 16 minutes. Remove pizza from the oven, sprinkle vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix, or roasted butternut puree or other winter squash puree
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or other sweetener
- 1 tsp italian herb blend or oregano + thyme + sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp non dairy milk optional
- a generous sprinkle of black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/3 or more salt depending on if the chickpeas were salted
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp lime juice
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc. Prep the Pizza dough according to instruction. Roll it out into a 12 to 13 inch pizza. Let the rolled out dough sit near the warming oven for 5 minutes.
- Make the pumpkin sauce: Mix everything in a bowl until well combined. Add more salt if needed.
- Mix all the ingredients under chickpeas until well combined and all chickpeas are covered in spice.
- Spread the pumpkin sauce over the rolled out dough evenly.
- Add a layer of sliced tomatoes, then sliced onions, and other veggies like zucchini or mushrooms if using.
- Add spiced chickpeas all over. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes. Broil for a minute to brown if needed.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Add chopped fresh basil or other herbs on top. Sprinkle vegan parmesan. Let it sit for a minute, the slice and serve.
Chao cheeses work well on the pizza too. Slice into thin strips and add before baking.
Nutritional values based on one serving