Fettuccine with Tomato Cream Sauce and Asparagus. Easy tomato Cream sauce with pasta and garlic roasted Asparagus. Use other veggies of choice. Add some chickpea chorizo or smoked coconut for variation. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free with gf pasta. Pin this post for later.
This easy pasta comes together very quickly. Cook the fettuccine or other pasta of choice. Toast up the asparagus with a bit of garlic. Heat the pasta sauce with herbs, then add a non dairy milk or cream and pasta and garlicky asparagus. Let it all heat up well. Garnish with vegan parmesan and done. Ready within 30 minutes.
I often make my cauliflower alfredo with fettucine. Or a plain tomato sauce. A creamy tomato pasta sauce pairs really well with fettucine and the crisp asparagus. Use fresh and young asparagus and not the tough stems.
More Easy Pasta from the blog
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese
- Chickpea Choriza, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce.
- Spinach Penne in Chipotle Habanero cream sauce
- Ziti Cheddar Brussels sprouts bake
- Zesty Pesto Pasta with Rainbow Chard
Idea of the tomato cream sauce from The Pioneer Woman’s (not vegan) tomato cream sauce.
- 6 to 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/3 lb asparagus
- 3 cloves of garlic minced divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 22 to 24 oz pasta sauce I use jarred tomato basil sauce or use easy garlic tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp wheat flour or other flour
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk or non dairy creamer
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Nutritional yeast or vegan parm for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine according to instructions.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add asparagus and 1 clove of minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Cook until lightly brown. 4 to 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Remove asparagus from the skillet and keep aside.
- Add onions, 2 cloves of garlic and olive oil and cook until translucent. 4 mins. Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, sugar, a good dash of black pepper and thyme and mix in. Cook for 10 minutes until boiling well. Taste and adjust salt and sweet.
- Add in the non dairy milk or creamer, asparagus and cooked fettuccine. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Take off heat and let it sit for a minute.
- Serve garnished with nutritional yeast or vegan parm (optional) or fresh basil.
Nutrition is for 1 of 2 serves.