8 Spice Veggie Stir fry – Vegetable Masala Subzi. Use up the veggies to make this dry 1 Pot Veggie Stir fry with Indian Spices. Serve with Dal or Curries or make a wrap with a dressing of choice. Add chickpeas or beans to make a meal. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Recipe
This easy Indian Spiced Veggie stir fry is great to use up all the veggies from the refrigerator or the CSA box. Chop them all to somewhat similar size, roast up the spices, add veggies and cook until done.
I use a 8 spices in this stir fry. Fenugreek, black pepper, cumin, coriander, mustard, turmeric, cayenne and cinnamon. Together these spices make this a fragrant and mouth watering stir fry. These spiced veggies can also be put into a wrap or burrito and served with cilantro mint chutney or vegan ranch or coconut chutney. Or serve with Lentil Dals, or easy curries.
Try it and let me know how it worked out! I made wraps with the veggies with some vegan ranch. So good!
More veggie focused quick meals
- Mushroom Matar Masala
- Roasted Tofu and Cauliflower in Green Masala Sauce
- Bombay Potato and Peas IP
- Aloo Baingan – Potato Eggplant Curry
- Veggies in Coconut Sesame Kolhapuri sauce. GF IP
If you make this easy stir fry, do tag me on Instagram #veganricha and leave me a comment on this post. I love to hear how the recipes turned out!
Thoughtful video above. And in other fascinating news, a dairy company ditches dairy after 90+ years and switches to non dairy plant milks.
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds powder powder the fenugreek seeds and use
- 1/2 tsp black pepper 1/3 tsp for less heat
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin coriander, turmeric, mustard
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp cayenne or use some paprika and some cayenne
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups of chopped veggies such as cauliflower carrots, green beans, peppers, zucchini, potatoes, cabbage etc
- 3/4 tsp salt less or more to taste
- 1/3 cup green peas thawed if frozen
- cilantro and lemon for garnish
- Mix the spices and bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden. Add the spice mix and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the veggies except peas, salt and toss well to coat. Add a splash of water. Cover and cook for 12 minutes..
- Toss well, add peas and mix in. Taste and adjust salt and heat. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are tender to preference
- Garnish with cilantro and lemon. Serve with dal and rice/flatbread or make Wraps with hummus or lentil hummus and cooling dressing such as vegan ranch.
Variation: add a chopped tomato after Step 2 and cook for 2 minutes, then add veggies.
Add 1 to 1.5 cup of chickpeas or beans at step 3 along with the veggies. Double all the spices.
8 Spice Mix: Mix equal quantities( 1 Tbsp) of ground fenugreek, black pepper, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne (or half paprika and half cayenne) and store for spicing up the veggies to make a stir fry or roasted veggies.
Add Chickpeas: Add 1 to 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas to the stir fry for filling meal. Double the spices.
Instant Pot: Follow Step 1 and 2 in saute mode, add veggies and splash of water and salt. Cook on Manual for 1 minute. Quick Release, fold in the peas, adjust salt. Close the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. If the veggies are not cooked, ook on saute for a few minutes. Garnish and serve.
Nutritional values based on one serving