Easy Potato Pesto Pizza with 20 min Thin Crust. Basil Spinach Pesto makes for a refreshing Pizza Sauce Topped with thin potato slices, onion and garlic. Bake or make on the grill. Vegan Pesto Pizza Soyfree Recipe.
Its not really pizza season with the crazy heat, but this is one delicious Pizza you want to make come sun or rain. Thin crust, loads of fresh pesto, potatoes, onions or leek, thinly sliced garlic, loads of pepper. Delicious! Bake or grill it up if you’d rather not start up the oven. This flatbread Pizza works well with sliced potato or sweet potato and onions.
I use my 20 Minute Pizza Crust with Spelt flour for this flatbread pizza. The dough is rolled out into thin rustic crusts to make 2 medium size pizzas. I use a quick basil spinach cashew pesto as the base. Spread the pesto, sliced potato, onion and garlic. Add other toppings such as veggie crumbles or vegan sausage or artichokes. a Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and bake to make a crisp refreshing Summery Pizza.
More Pizza from the blog.
- Simple Veggie Pizza with 20 minute Crust with garlicky olive oil and no cheese.
- Pizza with chipotle red lentil tomato sauce and vegan ricotta , this pizza sauce also is amazing as pasta sauce
- Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with almond milk pepperjack because Sriracha!
- Deep dish Black eyed pea Pizza
- Berbere Chickpea Pizza with tahini garlic dressing. All you want in a wrap, on a puffy pan crust pizza.
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery ranch dressing. Looks time intensive but really isnt.
Shape the dough into a thin rustic shape. Spread a generous layer of pesto, Place potato slices, onion and garlic. The raw potato slices are thin enough to get cooked in the bake time. If making the pizza on a grill, use precooked potato slices.
Brush olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper and bake.
- 1 well packed cup Basil
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cashews or other nuts such as walnuts, pine nuts
- water as needed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Recipe 20 Minute Pizza Crust with half Spelt flour and half unbleached white/all purpose
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes (yukon or other) thinly Sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced or use leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the pesto. Blend everything with 1-2 tbsp of water until the nuts are coarsely blended and the basil is well blended. Alternatively, pulse the nuts in a small blender or processor until a coarse meal, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend or process until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg F. Prep your pizza dough. I use half Whole grain Spelt and half unbleached white flour for the pizza dough. Let the dough rest near the warming oven for 10 mins. Divide into 2 balls and roll them out into 2 medium size thin crust pizzas or 1 large thin crust.
- Spread the prepared pesto over the crust.
- Slice the potatoes using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Layer over the pesto.
- Layer sliced onion and garlic, Spray or brush extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle salt and generous freshly ground pepper. Add some veggie crumbles, vegan coconut bacon or other crisp toppings (optional)
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 17 to 18 mins. Add some crisp greens on top (optional). Cool for a minute. Slice and serve.
To make this Gluten-free: Use my Gluten-free Yeast Free Crust.
To make it on a Grill: Shape the pizza and place on a hot grill. Close the lid, and cook for 2 mins. Flip, then spread the pesto and sliced steamed/lightly cooked potato, onion and garlic and the rest of the toppings. Close and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Cooking time depends on the grill and crust thickness.