Cheesy Pull Apart Pizza Bread. Pizza Monkey bread for parties or light meal. Add roasted veggies, olives, mushrooms to make into a pizza bake. Vegan Soy-free Recipe.
These Pizza Rolls are super easy and a great snack to interest and engage everyone at the party. I use my 20 minute pizza dough, divide and roll it into mini dinner roll size balls. Place them in a pie pan, then drizzle a mozzarella style cashew cream from my Pizza Dip (which you must try! its GF), some pizza sauce, more of the mozzarella cream, basil and peppers and bake!
The cashew mozzarella cream thickens during baking. The baked rolls are coated with thick creamy cheese sauce, pizza sauce and other toppings if added before baking. They can be pulled out with all the pizza goodness and served.
Messy Cheesy pizzaey goodness!
More Pizza stuff from the blog
- Simple Veggie Pizza with 20 minute Crust with garlicky olive oil and no cheese.
- Pizza with chipotle red lentil tomato sauce and vegan ricotta , this pizza sauce also is amazing as pasta sauce
- Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with almond milk pepperjack because Sriracha!
- Berbere Chickpea Pizza with tahini garlic dressing. All you want in a wrap, on a puffy pan crust pizza.
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery ranch dressing. Looks time intensive but really isnt.
In other reading, an under cover investigation of a Pet store in new york found sick puppies and abuse. Puppy mills treat dogs as a product. The product line doesn’t care about the mothers who are just machines in tiny cages, that never see the light and live and die once spent, right there. Pet stores often put up a polished view with cleaned up cute puppies, but there is always a horrifying story behind them. We fostered a skinny ribs and skin puppy mill pup some years back and his fear of humans broke our hearts. He took a month to open up to just wag his tail and start to trust us. There are millions of dogs and cats in shelters, even puppies that end up there without any fault of theirs. #AdoptDontShop . Here is a detailed article on the world behind Puppy mills and Pet Stores.
Make the dough. Let it sit for 10 minutes
Divide and roll into balls and place in a deep pie pan with enough spice to rise to double. Below are balls that have risen for 10 minutes.
Keep enough space between the dough balls and use a deep pie pan, else the cashew cream will overflow during baking.
Pour some cashew cream between the rolls. Then Spread pizza sauce on top. Sprinkle oregano and pepper
Pour more of the cashew cream. Sprinkle jalapeno and some basil.
Bake cool for 2 minutes, then serve.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar or 1 tbsp flour
- 2 + cups flour I use 1/2 cup wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups unbleached white
- 3 tbsp semolina flour or use wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup cashews (use a heaping up for creamier) soaked for 15 minutes in warm water then drained.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 tsp white miso or use chickpea miso to make soyfree
- 2/3 cup water
- Pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil divided
- sliced jalapeno optional
- pepper flakes for garnish
- Proof the yeast by mixing yeast, warm water and sugar and letting it sit for 5 minutes. Then mix in the flours, salt,herbs, 2 tsp oil until a sticky dough. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time if needed until it is slightly sticky. Let dough rest for 10-15 minutes near the warming oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend everything under cashew mozzarella cream until smooth. Blend for a minute then let it rest for a minute and then blend again, repeat until very smooth. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.
- Drizzle oil on the dough and spread. Divide the dough into 12 to 14 portions and shape into small balls. Place in a deep 9 inch pie dish or a 9 by 9 inch baking dish, atleast a 1/2 inch apart. Keep more space between the balls in the middle as the middle gets less heat and the crowding might cause the dough to not cook through. If all of the balls dont fit, freeze the rest wrapped in plastic wrap, to bake into dinner rolls later.
- Let the balls sit in a warm place for 5 minutes. Pour just a little of the cashew cream in between the rolls. Spread tomato/pizza sauce on top of the buns. Sprinkle oregano.
- Bake for 15 mins. Remove from the oven.
- Add roasted veggies if using between the rolls now. Pour more of the cashew cream over the buns, and more between the rolls that on the top. Reserve some of the cashew cream to add later. Add 1 tbsp chopped basil and sliced jalapeno or olives on top.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Take rolls out of the oven and rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if there is enough cashew cream leftover, heat it in a pan over medium low heat until thickened. Stir frequently to avoid lumps. then drop dollops over the rolls. Or if there is just a bit left, drizzle the cashew cream directly over the hot rolls.
- Sprinkle fresh basil, pepper flakes and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot.
Use a larger baking dish and place the rolls about an inch apart. After the first bake, add some roasted veggies, mushrooms or peppers between the rolls and then drizzle the cashew cream.
To make these gluten-free: Use my glutenfree dinner rolls. Bake the rolls, then add the cashew cream and pizza sauce layers and bake for 15 minutes.
For variation: Use the mozzarella from Everyday Kitchen Book, and add dollops on the rolls for extra cheese pizza rolls.
Nutrition is 1 of 4 serves