The Best Vegan Mushroom Garlic Alfredo with no nuts. Garlicky, Creamy, Amazing Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. Nut-free, Easily Gluten-free, soy-free. 21 gm of protein per serving!
This Fettuccine Alfredo packs a flavor punch with the browned mushrooms, wine, herbs, and creamyness from cauliflower, potato and hemp seeds.
I have several nut-free alfredo options on the blog and this is an addition to the list. You can use Cauliflower Alfredo Lasagna, Pumpkin seed Alfredo or my garlic sauce with the mushroom mixture too.
Mushrooms add an amazing flavor. They are cooked to caramelize with onions then simmered with wine and vegan worcestershire sauce. The alfredo is blended up and added to simmer with the browning mushrooms, so the sauce picks up that caramelized flavor. Delicious, Smooth and amazing. Garnish with fresh basil and pepper flakes and serve.
This Alfredo is Easy, Creamy, Flavorful! If you make it, let me know in the comments how it turned out and do tag me on Instagram.
More Pasta Recipes from the blog
Stay Safe Houston. Keeping you all in my prayers.
Brown the mushrooms
Add the flavor components, then add the blended alfredo.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms. Nut-free
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms white or a mix of white, cremini, portobello
- 1 tbsp or more dry white wine
- 1 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce or use 2 tsp soy sauce (coconut aminos for soyfree), 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp or more red pepper flakes
- 8 to 10 oz Fettuccine
- 1 cup (100 g) cauliflower florets heaping cup of florets
- 1 small potato cubed small
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds , or use raw cashews (soaked) for even more creamier
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or a handful of fresh
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- generous dash of black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and a good pinch of salt and cook until golden. Add the wine, sauce and pepper flakes and cook for half a minute.
- Bring a large wide pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook for 3 minutes. Mix. Add the cauliflower and potatoes on top of the pasta and continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to preference. *See note
- Drain, rinse in cold water. Remove the cauliflower and potato and Transfer the to a blender.
- Add the rest of the alfredo ingredients to the blender. Add 2 tbsp of the mushroom onion mixture and blend until smooth. Blend for a minute, then rest for a minute and blend again.
- Pour sauce into the mushroom skillet and cook over medium heat to bring to a boil to thicken. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. If the sauce thickens too much, add in some more water or non dairy milk. Mix in the fettuccine and serve. Alternatively, plate the fettuccine and drizzle the sauce generously and serve. Garnish with basil and pepper and optionally Vegan Parm.