Sriracha Chickpeas, Cashews, Spinach Bowl with Ranch Curry Dressing. Add these Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas and Cashews to Bowls, wraps, salads. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Omit Cashews to make nutfree. Jump to Recipe
I enjoy Salads and greens bowls when topped with flavor packed additions and fun dressings. And this bowl is just that.
The Chickpeas are tossed in sriracha hot sauce, garlic, onion and some rice flour and baked to crisp. Bake the chickpeas till the sriracha marinade is just about set or bake longer for crispier. I also add some cashews in the marinade and bake those for a spicy nutty addition. Try not to eat both as is, or maybe do :). Some crunchy celery, carrots, greens or lettuce and a simple curry ranch rounds of this delicious bowl. Peanut sauce dressing works too.
Add these Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas and Cashews to Bowls, wraps, salads. This is an easy and flexible bowl. Add other toppings, use regular ranch, adjust flavor to preference. Lets make some!
More Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Spanish Rice, Taco Spice Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
Tips to Bake Crispy Chickpeas or veggies or tofu
- Bake in stone ware baking dish for crispy result. Stoneware also doesnt burn or char ingredients quickly like a regular baking sheet.
- Use rice flour or other flours or breadcrumbs to coat.
- Move the chickpeas around once in between for even baking.
- Cashews cook faster, so bake them for just about 18 mins.
Sriracha Chickpeas, Cashews, Spinach Bowl with Ranch Curry Dressing
- 15 oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp sriracha or other hot sauce or asian chile garlic sauce
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 cup (64.5 g) cashews
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oil
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garam masala
- 1/4 cup (56 g) vegan ranch or vegan mayo
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garam masala or curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz Baby spinach or Greens
- sliced carrots
- sliced celery or cucumber
- Add chickpeas, oil, sriracha, salt, garlic, onion, garam masala in a bowl till and toss to coat. Add rice flour 1/2 tbsp at a time and mix until the mixture gets pasty and sticks to the chickpeas.
- Spread the chickpeas on a parchment lined baking dish or sheet.
- In the same bowl, mix 1 tsp sriracha, 1/2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp garam masala and 1/4 tsp salt. Add cashews and mix to coat. Add a tsp of rice flour and mix in. Spread them on another small baking sheet .(or add them 10 mins later to the chickpea baking dish).
- Bake at 425 degrees F (218 C). Take the cashew sheet out at the 18-20 minute mark. Check the chickpeas and continue to bake until preferred crispyness.
- Make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients. Thin with water if needed for a creamy dressing consistency. Taste and adjust. Add a bit of sweetener if needed. (You can also use plain cashew cream. Add some salt, pepper, onion powder, more lemon juice and dill to the cashew cream.) Or use just plain vegan ranch or Peanut Sauce to dress.
- Assemble the bowl with spinach, raw or lightly roasted carrots, celery or cucumber, and a good helping of the chickpeas and cashews. Drizzle the dressing generously over the bowl and serve.