Baked Vegan Cheesecake. 8 Ingredients, No refined sugar. No prep and soaking needed. Perfectly creamy Date sweetened Cheesecake with Cashew butter. Easily Glutenfree with a glutenfree crust. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Vegan cheesecakes in restaurants and store bought have been more misses than hits. The texture generally is on point, its the flavor that can throw me off. I make variations of these cheesecake with fabulous results every time. I’ve had this baked cheesecake in the drafts for a while, so lets get to it!
The filling uses vegan yogurt and vegan cream cheese for amazing flavor and tang and some volume from the smooth cashew butter. Cashew butter means no soaking needed and no high speed blender needed! It is sweetened with dates and some coconut sugar and baked into a premade crust to a creamy delicious state.
Adjust the flavor and sweetness of the filling before baking! Bake into 1 large pie or mini cheesecakes with a simple almond crust or other other pie crust of choice. Serve with vegan whipped cream or ice cream, berries or a seasonal berry compote.
Ingredient choices for this Baked Vegan Cheesecake
- I use cashew butter instead of cashews as it just blends in more easily and reduces the prep time to soak the cashews for a few hours. Cashew Butter can be subbed with other smooth nut butters (peanut butter will add a very strong flavor so it will be a peanut butter cheesecake), Or you can use 3/4 cup soaked cashews or soaked macadamia nuts.
- The non dairy yogurt adds great flavor and lighter texture to the cheesecake. Without it the cheesecake filling is still creamy but denser. You can use more of the cream cheese and cashew butter instead.
- I use kite hill Vegan cream cheese since it has just a few wholesome ingredients and no additives and gives amazing flavor. Unfortunately cream cheese cannot be subbed out without affecting the flavor. You can make some vegan cream cheese at home using nuts and substitute that.
- I use dates for sweetening for a mild sweet flavor. They do add to the look of the cheesecake but can be easily subbed. They can be subbed with 1/3 cup sugar or maple syrup. If using maple syrup, do not add any additional water during blending. Dates can vary in sweetness, so adjust the filling sweetness with sugar before baking.
More Pies from the blog
- Chocolate Pumpkin Tart with Almond Crust. GF SF Grain-free.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie. GF No Bake
- Classic Baked Pumpkin Pie with Rustic Crust. Cashew-free SF
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie. GF SF
- Sweet potato Pie Bars. GF option
Step by Step Photos:
Assemble the filling ingredients. Add to a blender and blend until very smooth. Taste and adjust sweet and flavor. Pour into a prepared pie crust.
Bake for 35 mins. Chill then slice and serve.
Baked Vegan Cheesecake (Date Sweetened}
Crust of choice
- 1 (1 ) prebaked pie crust. I use a gf graham cracker style crust , See notes for crust recipes and refined sugar free option
- 1 1/4 cup (306.25 g) dairy-free yogurt (such as kite hill almond plain yogurt, vanilla will work as well)
- 1/2 cup (128 g) smooth cashew butter (almond or peanut butter can be used, peanut adds a stronger flavor)
- 6 oz (170.1 g) vegan cream cheese (such as kite hill plain almond cream cheese)
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 tsp (2-3 tsp) lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) cornstarch (1.5 tbsp for a less set cheesecake)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 11 (11 ) soft dates , pitted
- 2 - 3 tbsp (2-3 tbsp) coconut sugar (or other sugar/sweetener)
- optional flavor additions: 1 tsp lime or lemon zest , a few drops of almond extract
- Prep and par bake the crust of choice if you havent already. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F (180 C).
- Blend all the ingredients under cheesecake. Taste and adjust sweet and tang. The tang gets stronger with baking. Add a few tablespoons sugar if needed. Add 2-3 tablespoons water if needed for blending.
- Pour into prepared crust and spread with a spatula to even it out.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes(depends on the cream cheese brand, moisture content in the filling, choice of ingredients. The top should be set and center should not be liquid). Cool completely. Chill for 4 to 6 hours. Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan ice cream of choice with fresh berries or a berry compote.