We are not done with French Toasts yet!:) After some quick Tiramisu or Samoa French Toasts, This baked French toast can almost pass as a dessert. Sugar free with natural sweeteners and fun to dig into with that crisp on top. Add you favorite spices to the batter, add chocolate chips or blueberries in between the bread slices, add in some Liquor extracts, the possibilities are endless. I could eat this crisp as is any day.Jump to Recipe
The Crisp is Glutenfree, use gf bread to make this gf.
**This fundraiser is now over**
Baked French Toast topped with Blueberry Crisp
- 3 Tablespoon coarsely ground Oats not flour
- a pinch of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup (37 g) blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) melted coconut oil
- add 1 teaspoon ground raw sugar for a sweeter version
- 2-3 slices (2 slices) of whole grain bread cubed or slices to fit the ramekins
- 2 Tablespoons of vegan pancake mix I use bob's red mill 7 grain
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) coconut milk or almond milk I use So Delicious vanilla coconut milk or plain almond plus
- 2 Tablespoons water
- a generous pinch of spices of choice or vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoons Agave or maple
- For French Toasts: Mix everything except bread slices to make a not too thin batter.((Or use the gf batter with Oats, flax and non dairy milk like the Tiramisu or Samoa French Toasts.)
- Dip Slices in the batter and place in greased ramekin/baking dish. You can cube the slices, or use size according to the ramekin and stack them 2-3 deep or layer like bread pudding.
For the Crisp:
- Mix all the dry ingredients. Then add the wet(syrups and oil) and mix well with hands or spoon. Once a clumpy mix is ready, add blueberries and distribute well.
- Drop this mix over the french toast.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until the crisp is brown on the edges.
- Serve hot/warm 🙂