Brussels sprouts and potato in tomato gravy. A delicious, healthy and delicious dish. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Brussels Sprouts And Potato In Tomato Gravy. Vegan Gluten Free.
- 8 Brussels sprouts (stems cut and outer leaves removed)
- 1/2 cup (105 g) small cubed potato
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/3 (0.33 ) medium onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) turmeric powder
- pinch of asofetida (hing)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 inch (0.5 inch) ginger chopped (can be substituted with ginger paste, also optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped (can be substituted with garlic paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) red chili flakes or 1 green chili to taste
- (0.75 teaspoon) salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chana Masala powder blend or Garam masala Or 1 bay leaf and 1/4 teaspoon each of coriander powder, cumin powder, pinch each of cinnamon powder, cloves powder, cardamom powder, black pepper, nutmeg
- In a deep pan, add oil, heat at medium heat and add onions.
- Cook until onions are translucent. Add in the chopped green chili, ginger, garlic, mix and cool for a minute.
- Add in the spices, asofetida, garam masala or chana masala blend, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook on medium, partially covered for 5-7 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Add in the salt, potato and the halved brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Add 1-1.5 cups water and cook covered on low heat for 20-25 minutes with occasional stirring, until potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro, with long grain rice or flat bread(Roti/Naan).