This recipe for burnt garlic fried rice is packed full of flavor and makes for a perfect side dish for any number of main courses. Vegan Jump to Recipe
Fried Rice with Burnt Garlic
- 1.5 cups (277.5 g) rice
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (64 g) chopped/sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup (50 g) chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup (74.5 g) chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (55 g) chopped green beans
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) sugar
- some chopped coriander
- Prepare rice in a rice cooker.
- In a large pan, add oil and let it get hot.
- Add the garlic slices and saute for a few minutes till the garlic stars turning brown. Let the garlic burn a little.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add egg and quickly scramble it. (optional)
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and the rice and mix well.
- Add salt if needed.
- Stir fry on high for a minute.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and serve hot!