This Carrot, Leek, Parsnip soup, is quick and easy and packed full of flavor. A warming and comforting vegan and gluten free recipeJump to Recipe
Hey its friday! We are still snowed in, but the snow is now melting away, so hubbs is off to office.. back to the grind! So we got a big parsnip in the local farm delivery and after peeling it I was like, hmmm.. i dont think I like the smell of that thing.. It is quite a pungent smell/taste when raw.. You either like it or you dont. I added some of it to this soup for a warm wintery evening. The carrot and leek help alter the taste for someone who falls in the not a fan of parsnip group 🙂
This soup is easy and quick.. I think some lemongrass, ginger or some five-spice mix would go well with it too.
Some other yumm soups to check out
Carrot, Leek, Parsnip Soup
This Carrot, Leek, Parsnip soup, is quick and easy and packed full of flavor. A warming and comforting vegan and gluten free recipe
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup (128 g) carrots chopped
- 2/3 cup (59.33 g) leek chopped
- 2/3 cup (88.67 g) parsnips chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cajun spice blend
- freshly ground black pepper or red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- In a pan, heat oil at medium heat and add leeks to it.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the carrots and parsnip and cook covered for 2-3 minutes until parnips start to get tender.
- Blend these with 1/2 cup or more water into a puree and pour puree back into the pan.
- Add salt, cajun spice and freshly ground black pepper to taste, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Taste and adjust, salt spices and water content.
- Serve hot topped with parsley or cilantro.
Nutritional values are based on one serving
Carrot, Leek, Parsnip Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 22375IU448%
Vitamin C 29.7mg36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This soup is headed to Ricki’s Wellness weekend, Allergy friendly fridays, Amee’s Fit and Fab fridays, Simple and in Season Jan
In other news, Please join us in stopping a Dolphinarium in India.
Online petition here:https://
www.thepetitionsite.com/9/ stop-the-building-of-a-dolphina rium/
Other action items here: https://fiapo.org/index.php/
component/content/article/ 36-action-alerts/ 347-act-with-fiapo-to-stop-dolp hinarium.html
In October, 2011, the Government has approved a Rs 510 crore project to build a dolphin park, with a giant aquarium and a facility to train and keep dolphins along the Arabian Sea coastline in Sindhudurg. Such cruel dolphinariums have been criticised and banned in many countries and yet plans are in place to bring them to India.
Dolphinariums are little more than prisons, for what are sentient marine mammals. In fact, whilst the age of dolphins in the wild is 45 years, 53 per cent of dolphins die within three months of being kept in captivity.
Thank you for your support. For more news of animal welfare in India, please do drop by the FIAPO facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/pages/FIAPO/120832497945926.