This is the soup hubbs asks for again and again!. Simple, quick and perfect with any meal.
There is a mild spice from a little Kashmiri Garam masala, which contains Black cumin, Cassia, Coriander, Cardamom, Clove and Tellicherry Black Pepper and some cream from the cashews. This soup gets ready in 15 minutes with just one boil. No cooking for hours. You can also serve it raw. I dont digest most things completely raw, so a little heat does the trick for me.
Creamy Spinach Soup. Vegan, Gluten Free.
- 3-4 cups (90 g) fresh spinach
- 2-3 (2 ) garlic cloves
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 (0.5 ) green chili pepper
- 1/2-2/3 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) raw sugar/jaggery/one date
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) ground cashew
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Kashmiri garam masala
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil
Add to blender the following;
- about 3-4 packed cups of fresh spinach, washed and chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 green chili or chili flakes to taste
- 2/3 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon raw sugar(optional)
- 1/4 cup ground raw cashew (or blend the cashews before hand with a little water to make a cream and add that)
- Blend all with 1/2+ cup water till nicely pureed.
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of organic canola oil or coconut oil on medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Kashmiri Garam masala and mix well for half a minute till you can smell the aroma of the spices.
- Add spinach puree and cook on medium heat till it comes to a boil 5-7 minutes. Mix, taste, adjust salt/spices and take off heat after a minute.
- Serve hot topped with paprika, with crackers or garlic rolls.
- Oil-free Raw- Blend everything including the garam masala into a soup consistency. Top with nuts, paprika. Serve with raw crackers, celery, other veggies or as is.