Smoky Spicy Broccoli Fritters with Chickpea flour, spices, chipotle pepper and bbq sauce. Quick and Easy Snack or breakfast. Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Soy-free Recipe. 5 Ingredients + spices!
This weekend is going to be a mess of emotions, since Peppen our foster pup leaves for his adoptive home tomorrow. It is hard when these bundles of love leave. Do send loving thoughts his way for a happy life with his new family.
I might not cook as much so these fritters will be useful to have around. Super quick patties made with shredded broccoli, spices and chickpea flour. Process the broccoli in a food processor, mix in the spices, chipotle pepper, bbq sauce, and chickpea flour and pan fry. Done! Use a combination of veggies for variation like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes and more. Serve with marinara, sriracha, bbq sauce, ketchup or other chutneys or dips. Serve as is or make sandwiches.
More snackage from the blog
- Basil Jalapeno Corn Fritters
- Golden Sesame Balls
- Chipotle Roasted Corn Avocado Toast
- Chickpea Carrot Zucchini Fritters
Mix the shredded broccoli with the rest of the ingredients.
Shape and pan fry.
- a large bunch of broccoli 2.5 + cups florets or 2 heaping cups shredded
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (4 g) packed cilantro
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked or regular paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp bbq sauce
- 3/4 cup (90 g) chickpea flour
- Process the broccoli florets, onion and cilantro in a processor.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Mix well to distribute. Let sit for a minute or 2 for the broccoli to leak enough moisture so you can form patties. If it is too wet, add more flour. If too dry and does not stick well, wait for another few mins or sprinkle some water and mix and press to see if the mixture sticks.
- Shape into 5 to 6 patties. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of oil and spread.
- Pan fry the patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with sriracha, ketchup, bbq sauce, marinara or a cooling ranch.
Use a combination of veggies for variation like broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots, Cucchini, sweet potatoes, squash etc. Make them into smaller bite size pieces for appetizers. Make ahead, reheat in the oven and serve. Nutritional values based on one serving