Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Garlic Soy curls. 20 Gm of Protein. Vegan Tuscan Garlic “Chicken” And pasta. Vegan Recipe Can be Soyfree with Mushrooms or Seitan. 30 Mins. Gluten-free and nutfree option Jump to Recipe
This Luscious 30 Minute pasta is a vegan version of a dish I used to get in some restaurant more than a decade ago. Wow that was specific 😉 Anywho, the Creamy garlicky sauce with sun dried tomato some grilled chickin gets a vegan makeover! The Soy curls and soaked in garlic veggie broth, then toasted with more garlic and freshly ground black pepper. Then added to the cream base. Sun dried tomato, herbs, fresh thyme, pasta such as farfalle or fettuccine. Bliss.
This sauce and pasta are flexible to taste and ingredients. Use gluten-free pasta if needed, some nutfree non dairy cream for no nuts and use seitan, tofu or mushrooms to sub soy curls.
Easy, Quick and Delicious! Lets make this Luscious Meal.
More Pasta Dishes from the blog
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Rose Sauce Farfalle – so Creamy!
- Lentil Bolognese with Spaghetti.– Hearty
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz, baked over pasta
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF – So Meaty.
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Garlic Soy curl
- 7 to 8 oz (8 oz) farfalle or fettuccine other pasta , cooked according to package instructions
- 3 oz soy curls , or other chickin substitutes or use mushrooms for soyfree
- 1/2 cup (117.5 ml) veggie broth or vegan chikin flavored broth
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) poultry seasoning , or 1/4 tsp each of sage, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme,
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) poultry seasoning , optional
- 1.5 cup (354.88 ml) cashew milk (1/3 cup cashews blended with 1.25 cups of water), Use 2 cups for saucier(1/2 cup cashews + 1.5 cups water)
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) each of oregano ,thyme or 1 tsp italian blend
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (27.5 g) or more chopped sun dried tomato
- 3 to 5 oz baby spinach or chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast or 2-3 tbsp vegan parm
- fresh thyme or basil for garnish
- Heat the water or broth until just about boiling. Combine the soy curls with boiling broth, garlic powder, poultry seasoning in bowl. (Or soak in hot chikin flavored broth). Let sit for 10 mins, stir once or twice in between. You can also use other chikin subs, seitan. If using mushrooms or pressed tofu, skip this step.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Squeeze the soy curls to remove excess water and add to the skillet. Cook to brown some edges (3 to 5 mins, longer with mushrooms).
- Add garlic, black pepper and mix in. Add poultry seasoning and smoked paprika. Add other veggies if using and cook for 2 mins. (red bell pepper or zucchini work well).
- Add cashew milk, salt, garlic, onion powder, oregano, thyme and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sun dried tomato, spinach, nutritional yeast or vegan parm and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust salt, flavor (add more italian herbs if neeses). Add some lemon zest or more nutritional yeast/vegan parm Fold in the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Take of heat, cover and let sit for minute. Garnish with fresh herbs, Serve with garlic bread.