Date Maple Wheat Bread. A great way to use up leftover dates. Healthy, easy and great for snacks. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Date Maple Wheat Bread
- 1 cup (125 g) bread flour
- 3-4 cups (360 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (40 g) quick cooking oats
- 1 cup (150 g) dates (10-12)
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons oil or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- Warm half a cup of water (125ml) and add sugar and yeast to it. Mix well
- Let it sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Soak pit-less dates in hot water and keep for an hour.
- In a blender, blend the dates with a little water coarsely and keep aside.
- In a greased mixing bowl, add the flours and salt and mix well.
- Add the oil, yeast mixture, dates and maple syrup and and knead for 8-10 minutes. ( if using stand mixer, 3-4 minute batches with intermittent scraping)
- Add more water if needed.
- Place dough in a well greased container, covered in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Lightly punch the dough and using a little flour knead and shape into a loaf by pulling on all sides and tucking under.
- Place loaf in well oiled bread pan and cover with damp towel. Let rise for an hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing!
- Total time does not include 3 hours proving
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving