French toasts, pancakes and other breakfast options. Delicious recipes for breakfast, all healthy and easy and all vegan. Jump to Recipe
Breakfast! Most important meal of the day! Most times, breakfast needs to be planned in advance to make it hearty and balanced.., else we end up with just some bread, or juice or cereal!.
I keep looking for options and want to find things quick and protein filled, like eggs which could be cooked in all possible ways. With my family history of wavering thyroid hormones, I cant always use Tofu to fill that void.
So every month, I will round up some of the breakfast pictures and recipes we’ve tried on a post. And with the usual morning time shortage.. these are not the best pictures:)
French Toast: I make french toasts every few days. Seen below is Strawberry Mango wheat bread, coated with oat blueberry batter! and topped with blackberry chutney(recipe similar to Mango Chutney).
Seen below Chocolate oats french toast made with the Chocolate Multigrain bread. No such thing as chocolate overdose in the morning! topped with Maple syrup.
French Toasts, Pancakes And Other Breakfast Options
French toasts, pancakes and other breakfast options. Delicious recipes for breakfast, all healthy and easy and all vegan.
Servings: 2 people (each recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Oats
- 1 tablespoon bob's red mill 7 grain Organic pancake mix Or whole wheat flour+1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder for chocolate toasts (3 strawberries for strawberry toasts, 1/4 cup blueberries for blueberry batter)
- 1 tablespoon raw Sugar or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 3-6 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) of warm water (3 Tbsps when using fruits or agave syrup, more when no fruit)
- 3-4 Tablespoons (3 Tablespoons) Bob's red mill Organic 7 grain pancake mix already has leavening agent
- 1 tablespoon self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) fruits : blueberries /strawberries/ raspberries/ apple
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) water or non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh blueberries raisins, dried cranberries, dried fruit or chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients in blender. Adjust water to get a thick puree.
- Dip slices in puree and pan fry with little oil, on low medium heat, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve topped with Maple/Agave/any syrup, fruit compote or preserves.
- Quickies: A good number of times, we eat the breads that I make, toasted or not, with preserves, nut butters or spreads or chutneys and some fresh fruits.
- Puree the fruits, lemon juice, sugar and oil. Mix in the dried fruit or chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients and fruit puree in a bowl. Adjust water to get a runny muffin type mixture.
- Drop ladle-full on heated and greased( oil or vegan butter) thick bottom pan. Cook partially covered for 3-4 minutes, on medium-low heat, flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Serve topped with syrups or fruits, compote/chutneys or nut butters.
Nutritional value is based on 1 serving
French Toasts, Pancakes And Other Breakfast Options
Amount Per Serving
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 30IU1%
Vitamin C 2.4mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Quickies: A good number of times, we eat the breads that I make, toasted or not, with preserves, nut butters or spreads or chutneys and some fresh fruits.
Seen below is Chocolate Multigrain bread with Blueberry Chutney.
Pancakes. Some fruit pancakes every once in a while. Seen below are strawberry pancakes with chocolate chips, topped with Blackberry compote and some maple syrup.
Idli/Dosa(crepe) There are ofcourse the Indian breakfast options like steamed savory cakes like Multilentil Idli, that can be made ahead and refrigerated for 2-3 days, and served with chutneys like Coconut chutney or Garlic chutney or Hummus!. I havent picked up on eating much Idlis in the mornings yet. But these steamed cakes make for a great protein filled breakfast and are one of the widely consumed breakfast and snack in Southern India.
Sprouts. These never fail you. Any whole bean, pea, lentil sprouts, are a nutrient filled breakfast. Some days its Mung Bean, or red lentil or black eyes peas! On warm days, its just a day to sprout!. Heres usually how we have our sprouts. Mung Bean Sprouts spiced recipe. I have to sprout some quinoa ad try that too.
We chomp down some almonds, cashews with each breakfast whenever possible!
Another round up in a couple of weeks! Have a fun Tuesday! The breakfasts are headed to
nice breakfast recipes.healthy too.
do visit my space too, http://www.themasalatrail.com
i would like one of all the french toasts, please. yum!!
the breakfast options are nice and i may try them…. thanks for stopping by on my website and sharing lovely comments.
Sunshine And Smile
Such amazing ideas and healthy too! I loose out of vegan Breakfast idea all the time. This is amazing.
These healthy options look so great to start the day.Thanks for sharing & stopping by!
Thanks for sharing and linking with the Hearth and Soul. It looks like you start your day out with a good breakfast, wise advice!