French toasts, pancakes and other breakfast options. Delicious recipes for breakfast, all healthy and easy and all vegan. Jump to Recipe
Breakfast! Most important meal of the day! Most times, breakfast needs to be planned in advance to make it hearty and balanced.., else we end up with just some bread, or juice or cereal!.
French Toasts, Pancakes And Other Breakfast Options
- 2 tablespoons Oats
- 1 tablespoon bob's red mill 7 grain Organic pancake mix Or whole wheat flour+1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder for chocolate toasts (3 strawberries for strawberry toasts, 1/4 cup blueberries for blueberry batter)
- 1 tablespoon raw Sugar or agave
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 3-6 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) of warm water (3 Tbsps when using fruits or agave syrup, more when no fruit)
- 3-4 Tablespoons (3 Tablespoons) Bob's red mill Organic 7 grain pancake mix already has leavening agent
- 1 tablespoon self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) fruits : blueberries /strawberries/ raspberries/ apple
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) water or non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh blueberries raisins, dried cranberries, dried fruit or chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients in blender. Adjust water to get a thick puree.
- Dip slices in puree and pan fry with little oil, on low medium heat, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve topped with Maple/Agave/any syrup, fruit compote or preserves.
- Quickies: A good number of times, we eat the breads that I make, toasted or not, with preserves, nut butters or spreads or chutneys and some fresh fruits.
- Puree the fruits, lemon juice, sugar and oil. Mix in the dried fruit or chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients and fruit puree in a bowl. Adjust water to get a runny muffin type mixture.
- Drop ladle-full on heated and greased( oil or vegan butter) thick bottom pan. Cook partially covered for 3-4 minutes, on medium-low heat, flip and cook for another 3 minutes. Serve topped with syrups or fruits, compote/chutneys or nut butters.