Chocolate Multigrain Mini Loaf. A delicious bread with some good quinoa, oats and whole wheat. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Did I hear a whoop! How do you get some daily whole grains into your system and enjoy it too!. Put some cocoa, chocolate, cacao nibs in it!:)
Another simple mini loaf with some good quinoa, oats and whole wheat. You can add some fruit puree instead of water too, apple or strawberry! Check out out some recent fruit and multigrain breads like Blueberry strawberry Apple mini loaf and Strawberry Mango Mini Loaf! If you are craving even more chocolate.. then check out this fluffy Chocolate Cake.. made last month! its simple, has some Apple and of course is Vegan!
Pictured Below, toasted bread slices with Blueberry Chutney. Recipe same as Spicy Mango Chutney!. I skipped the garlic. The chutney tastes divine.. sweet and blueberry sour and a little spicy!.
Chocolate Multigrain Mini Loaf
Chocolate Multigrain Mini Loaf. A delicious bread with some good quinoa, oats and whole wheat. Vegan Recipe.
Servings: 2 mini loaves
- 2/3 cups (80 g) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cups (83.33 g) bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons Oats
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten (optional. I usually add some to help with the gluten formation and keep the bread light and airy. The bread tends to get dense with certain whole grains)
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar or equivalent jaggery/agave/maple syrup or other sweetners.
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- 2/3 (0.67 ) + cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (organic fair trade unsweetened non alkaline, use more or less per taste for chocolateyness, 2 Tbsp gives a mild chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons Organic olive oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Add the yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to 2 Tablespoons warm water and mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Boil the 1/3 cup water and add rinsed quinoa to it. Cook until done, about 10 minutes. All of the water might not be absorbed.
- In a blender, blend the quinoa and oats and sugar for a quick pulse to get a coarse mix. You can skip this step and add quinoa and oats directly to the dough to get grainy texture.
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup bread flour, wheat gluten, cinnamon and salt and mix.
- Add in the yeast mixture, oil and oat+quinoa+ sugar/sweetener and mix to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup water at a time and Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes, scraping sides every 2-3 minutes if using a stand mixer. Add more flour or water in little quantities if needed. Keep the dough soft and not too sticky.
- Some fun ways to knead the dough and build gluten!… beat it… yes beat it with a rolling pin, scrape up and beat again, or pound and punch it… or even better, flour your hands well and pick up and throw on the counter.. scrape and reshape every few throws.. in 3-4 minutes, the dough will start to get elastic and less sticky.! gluten!
- Spritz the top of dough with some oil spray. Place dough in a covered container in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
- Punch it lightly. For mini loaf pans, divide dough into 2 parts. Knead and shape into a loaf by pulling on all sides, or by rolling it out into a rectangle and rolling the rectangle from one side and tucking the other edge under like a jelly roll. You can add some cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips in it at this point before shaping into a loaf. I dint add any this time.
- Place loaf in greased mini bread pans. Spritz the top with water and then spritz a little oil spray, and cover with damp towel.
- Place it in a warm place or warm oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove towel, spritz top with some water, sprinkle some oats and bake at preheated 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow. (35 minutes if baking one bigger loaf)
- Remove bread from pan and let cool for an hour.
- Slice and enjoy as is! or topped with some fresh fruit compote, chutneys, creamy herbed berry topping, marmalade, nut butters, or make some fun chocolatey oat french toasts! Have an awesome day!
- Total time is not including 2.5 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is per loaf
Chocolate Multigrain Mini Loaf
Amount Per Serving
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This loaf is headed to Ricki’s Wellness Weekend Event at DietDessertDogs! (aug-11-14 Linky) I just couldnt resist adding this fun loaf to the Wellness Weekend too!.