Gluten free pizza with 2 toppingsJump to Recipe
Its not that warm here for outdoor grilling parties yet. So I have been whipping up a Pizza or 2 every now and then. Using wheat bases for some and trying out gf bases for some. The ones on this post are all glutenfree. Some were made a few weeks back and some recently. I thought I will put up a post with the pictures that I had.
The pizza bases in the pictures uses the White Oat loaf or Focaccia dough(both are almost similar doughs). It can also be replaced with my rustic wheat pizza base or the Everyday sandwich loaf dough. for a with gluten version.
- 1/2 cup (90 g) red lentils
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds or tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) paprika or cayenne or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons (1 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil.
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- Soak 1/2 cup red lentils for half an hour(You can skip soaking since red lentils do cook quite quickly). Drain the water
- Cook in about 1 cup of water covered pan for 15 minutes on low-medium or 1 pressure cooker whistle.
- The lentils should be tender but not entirely mashed, Add 2 cloves of garlic to the hot lentils and let sit to cool a bit. (the garlic will loose some of the raw smell this way if you dont like the raw garlic)
- Add the cooked lentils and other ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth