A simple and healthy grilled veggie quesadilla. So delicious, vegan and nut free recipe. Serve with guacamole, vegan sour cream, Salsa and Habanero Sauce! Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Another very simple recipe to start off the new year!
Grilled Veggie Quesadilla
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion sliced
- 2 Serrano chili peppers sliced finely
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1.98 oz) vegan shredded cheddar
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 (0.5 ) jalapeno pepper chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (8 g) cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 whole wheat tortillas or rotis
- In a large pan, add 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil. Let the oil get hot on medium high heat.
- Add in the onion sliced and let cook for 2 minutes with frequent stirring.
- Add in 1 green bell pepper and 1 red pepper sliced thin and 2 serrano chili sliced finely.
- Mix all and let cook on medium high heat for 7-8 minutes or till all vegetables start browning on the edges. You can also grill the veggies on a grill pan or BBQ. And of course more veggies can be added as well, like zucchini, or mushrooms. And some pinto or black beans as well!
- Prepare the simple salsa by mixing in the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice, Add in a little salt and pepper. Mix everything and keep aside.
- Heat a large grill pan or use a plain pan and spray oil on it.
- Place one tortilla on the grill pan.
- Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla.
- Layer some grilled veggies on it and spread evenly.
- drop small amounts of the salsa and sprinkle more cheese.
- Top it all with another tortilla.
- Press down for a minutes and then flip the quesadilla!
- Press down on the other side for a minute as well..
- Cut it up using a pizza cutter.
- Serve hot with Guacamole, low fat vegan sour cream, Salsa and Habanero Sauce!