Instant Pot Lasagna Soup – Vegan Lasagna Soup with Red lentils, lasagna noodles, veggies, and basil. 1 Pot weekday meal. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Saucepan option Can be gluten-free. Jump to Recipe
Pasta, tomatoes, herbs, red lentils, pesto and garlic bread. I mean, you cannot go wrong with all these together. This soup is satisfying and comfort food made in 1 pot and ready within minutes. It comes together quickly with short active time. Make it in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker) or a Saucepan (see recipe notes), but definitely make it. I love the soup with some extra garlicky topping like garlic bread or garlic olive oil and some fresh basil or pesto. Lentils make up the protein. If using brown lentils, use cooked lentils. Veggie crumbles will also work wonderfully.
To make this gluten-free, use glutenfree pasta or add more lentils or some quinoa and omit the pasta. Easy and Delicious Soup that is versatile and pleases everyone.
Subscribe to My Youtube Channel for more Videos.
This thick luscious meal is more a lasagna casserole than soupy soup. You can add in other ingredients such as veggie crumbles, add more water/broth for thinner soup and so on. The flavor of the soup builds up with the toppings, so definitely use them generously. You can also add in some more herbs and some pesto before pressure cooking and then fold in some mozzarella or vegan ricotta into the hot soup.
Build it up to preference make this your own fave meal!
More 1 Pot meals from the blog
- Fettuccine Alfredo with mushrooms, GF option
- Fajita Pasta with Taco Spiced Veggies and Chickpeas. GF option
- Roasted Red pepper Sauce Pasta with black pepper chickpeas
- Garlicky Korean Mac & Cheese
Instant Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF
- Lentil Veggie Dhansak – Lentil Veggie Stew in IP. GF
- Kohlapuri Veggies – Veggies in sesame coconut sauce GF
- Lentil Sweet Potato Soup GF
Step by step photos
You definitely dont want to skip some vegan cheese (mozzarella or ricotta) and pesto!
Tips for making a great Lasagna Soup in a Pressure Cooker
- Mix the lasagna noodles really well before closing the lid, so they don’t stick to each other under pressure.
- Double: Cooking time is the same for doubled recipe. Use slightly less than double amount of pasta, use crinkly noodles or other pasta rather than flat noodles if they tend to stick too much. (more noodles means more surface area to stick). No boil as well regular noodles work. Use more seasoning and salt, a bit more than double as more volume dilutes the flavors a bit.
- Burn errors: Mix the soup really well before closing the lid to pick up all browned onion/veggies. Any scorched veggie at the bottom tends to scorch more under pressure causing burn errors.
- Red lentils (split and skinned lentils) are quick cooking and will cook in the time of the recipe. Whole dried lentils will need a much longer cooking time and that will overcook the noodles and veggies. Use pre cooked whole lentils instead.
- The veggies, noodles and lentils will get affected if trying to make a triple or larger batch. With more volume, the pot takes longer to come to pressure and hence will cook the ingredients longer. Be mindful of the extra cooking time.
- Fold in some vegan mozzarella while the soup is still hot and top with more for a more lasagna like soup. Also do not skip the pesto.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup - Vegan Lasagna Soup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup (149 g) veggies - combination of peppers , carrots, zucchini
- 1/4 cup (48 g) red lentils (uncooked) - quick cooking red lentils (split ones) also called masoor dal
- 1 cup (9.24 oz) tomato puree (or use any thick tomato sauce such as marinara, pasta sauce or passata)
- 1 to 1.5 cup (5.26 oz) diced tomato
- 2 tsp italian seasoning (1 tsp basil and 1/2 tsp oregano, parsley, generous dash of thyme/sage and rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each onion powder , garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depends on if there is salt in the tomatoes or other seasoning, I use 3/4 tsp with)
- 2 cups (470 ml) water or veggie broth (2.5 to 3 cups for soupier or if using whole grain noodles or with more veggies)
- 5 oz (5 to 6 oz) lasagna sheets , broken into small pieces, or use pasta of choice (I use no boil as they work out the best)
- dash of black and white pepper
- pepper flakes to taste , i use about 1/3 tsp
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup (30 g) packed spinach , optional
- vegan pesto, vegan ricotta or mozzarella, vegan butter/ garlic bread to serve optional
- a tbsp tomato paste, lemon, fennel seeds (optional add ins)
- Heat oil in Instant pot on saute mode. When hot, add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally. (See Recipe notes for Saucepan instructions )
- Add veggies and mix in. Add red lentils, tomato, salt, seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and mix in. Add a tbsp of tomato paste for additional tomato flavor (optional). Add lasagna sheets and water and mix in. (make sure to use small pieces and mix them in well else they tend to stick)
- Close the lid and Pressure cook on manual hi for 3 mins **. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes, then if there is still pressure in the pot, manually release carefully and open.
- Mix in the black pepper, pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust salt and flavor(italian herbs, onion/garlic powder). Add some more salt, broth, tang(lemon) if needed to balance.
- Fold in the spinach if using. Let sit for a minute. Then serve with pesto/basil and/or vegan ricotta/mozzarella, and garlic bread. You definitely need some vegan cheese for a more lasagna like flavor. Fold in some into the soup while still hot and use more for garnish.Love this Recipe? Get my Instant pot cookbook! 150 more recipes from Indian and global cuisines! Currently best seller!