Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe. This zesty Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is dense and full of flavor. Use other berries in this Vegan Pound Cake Recipe. Non Dairy Yogurt Pound Cake Loaf with lemon and blueberries. 15 min prep and done. Pin this recipe. Jump to Recipe
These lemony slices make an amazing snack or breakfast. Add more or less zest. Dress with a lemony glaze and each slice will be perfect for dessert too. Non Dairy yogurt adds a dense, moist and pound loaf texture to this cake.
The cake takes just 15 minutes to come together. Mix in all the wet ingredients along with the zest. Whisk all the dry. Mix both into a batter. fold in the blueberries that have been tossed in a bit of flour. Also add some blueberries on top. Bake, cool, slice and done. As with all flavorful loafs and cakes, the flavors get stronger with time. So the cake tastes and feels better the next day. Make a loaf and tag me on Instagram. Lemony, Berryful, Easy and a Crowd Pleaser.
More Quick Bread / Cake Loafs from the blog
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread
- Pumpkin Sunshine Loaf. Gluten-free
- Banana Chocolate Bread.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Strawberry Cake
- Cream Cheese Marble Pound Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
Make the batter, fold in some berries and drop into parchment lined pan.
Bake until golden.
Cool completely and slice.
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake. Yogurt Pound Cake Loaf
- 1/2 cup (122.5 ml) non dairy yogurt or use blended silken tofu or thick cashew cream or softened vegan cream cheese or vegan sour cream
- 3/4 cup (183 ml) non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup (150 g) or more unrefined sugar preferably powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of a lemon or lime
- 2 cups (250 g) flour I use 1 cup wheat or spelt flour, and 1 cup unbleached white
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 3/4 cup (75 g) blueberries tossed in 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until the sugar is well combined. 1-2 mins
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except blueberries. Add dry to wet and mix until just combined. Reserve 1-2 tbsp blueberries. Fold in the rest of the blueberries into the batter..
- Drop the batter into prepared pan. Distribute the remaining blueberries on top and press in lightly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Frost or ice if needed. A simple glaze of lemon zest + lemon juice + sugar icing works really well.
Frost or ice with a lemony glaze or cream cheese based frosting. Nutritional values based on one serving