Tofu Mango Summer Rolls with 5 minute Makhani dipping sauce or Butter Sauce. You have to try these fresh rolls with Creamy, spicy and lightly sweet Indian sauces. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe Jump to Recipe
What what! You heard that right. Summer rolls with a spiced, creamy Indian dipping sauce! Now you know what to do with all those insane sauces in my book!
I was thinking of what else to do with the amazing things in the book for days when one is not inclined to cook up an Indian feast. And this is one of them ideas! You can use the sauces or the entire dish from the Mains chapter in several ways, by adding them to burrito wraps, using as pizza sauce, serving as a dip with roasted veggies, as dip with Summer rolls!
I used my super quick makhani sauce from One Pot Meals chapter in my book. yuhmm hummmm! 2 weeks to go! I cannot wait for the shipping to start!
You can use any of the other sauces like the lasooni sauce (soo garlicky so good!), mango curry sauce (you know mango), madras sauce (Ssspicy!), pasanda sauce, shahi sauce (creamy)..or use the Butter Sauce from the blog here. There are about 15 more sauces in the book. you get the picture :). You can also serve these with sweet chili sauce.
The summer rolls have mango, hot green chilies, tofu, cucumber, cilantro and spinach. Use any summer roll filling you like. Noodles work with the dip too! And if you have some sauce leftover, just add in veggies and some non dairy milk and cook until the veggies are tender. Easy makhani veggies!
Please ignore my messy summer rolls. Those sturdy spinach leaves did not help with probably the second time in my life I am making some fresh rolls :). I always end up eating them outside.
I got the dip idea from Courtney when she posted about serving an Indian sauce dip with roasted cauliflower for her bollywood party on her Instagram. Now that must have been an awesome party!
More goodies from the blog.
- Rainbow Chard and Peas in creamy sauce.
- Peanut Butter Tofu Bowl with Mashed Potatoes. Recipe
- Vegan Thai Pizza with Gluten-free Crust
Chop up the ingredients or get help from anyone standing around to just eat ;). Though I am a bit finicky about raw stuff. I am known to give a stink eye if I do not see freshly washed hands, cutting board and knife handling raw food. so as well do it myself.
Prep your summer roll station with a large plate filled with warm water. Soak each rice paper roll in the plate for about 10 seconds. Place on another flat wet surface. Pile up. fold and roll and place on the serving plate.
Blend up the makhani sauce, warm to thicken, pour in a bowl and serve.
Tofu Mango Summer Rolls with Makhani dipping sauce
- 1 Recipe Indian Butter Sauce or butter /makhani sauce recipes form my books,
- Or use this makhani sauce
- Lettuce or Spinach
- 1 cucumber peeled and thinly sliced or julienned
- Carrots thinly sliced or large grate grated
- Tofu pressed and sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Ripe Mango sliced
- hot green chilies julienne (or use green or red bell peppers)
- cilantro chopped
- salt ground cumin and pepper
- Rice paper
- Prep the veggies and keep ready. Prepare the work area with a shallow dish filled with warm water and a wet cutting board or plate for assembly.
- Soak the rice paper wrapper in the water for about 10 seconds(a few seconds less or more depending on the wrappers), press to soak evenly. Remove and place on plate. Pile up greens, cucumber, Tofu, mango, chili and cilantro as you like. sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper and cumin (optional). Fold one side to make a half circle. Fold the side edges, pack in the filling and roll it over to seal. Repeat for all the fresh rolls. Place on serving platter.
- Serve with chilled or warm makhani or butter sauce.