This Thai Pizza combines my current favorite things, Peanut sauce, sprouts and more peanut sauce. This pizza comes together fairly easily, within minutes if you already have a crust.
Top with favorite vegetables that complement the peanut sauce like onions, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli. Add sprouts or not. Add vegan cheese or not. Bake and devour.
I made a gluten-free crust with this one. The crust is fabulously soft and sturdy and perfect with all that peanut sauce. Use one of other 20+ regular crusts from the blog like the White garlic crust, quinoa wheat crust and more.
Add tofu or tempeh to make it more hearty. shape the crust in a pie pan or other pan with walls so it is somewhat like a deep pan pizza and it can hold all that delicious peanut sauce in. Make this Pizza!
More Pizzas from the blog.
Prep the crust, press into a pan. Let it rise for 10 minutes. Cover with another parchment and Bake for 10 minutes.
Make the Peanut sauce, pour into the crust. Sprinkle crushed peanuts and minced ginger.
Add sprouts, salt, pepper and lemon juice
Top with vegan cheese shreds
Bake, drizzle some peanut sauce, dress with cilantro and scallions. Serve!
Vegan Thai Pizza with Gluten-free Crust.
Allergen Information: free of dairy, egg, corn, gluten. can be made soy-free with coconut aminos.Ingredients: Makes 1 9 or 10 inch pie pan
Vegan Thai Pizza with Gluten-free Crust
For the pizza
- 1/2 recipe (0.5 recipe) Peanut butter sauce add more water to make a thinner sauce, use less sweeter sauce as it will thicken and get sweeter on baking
- 1/2 (0.5) red onion sliced
- 1/2 (0.5) bell pepper sliced green or red
- 1/2 cup (64 g) Sliced carrots
- sliced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- Mung Bean Sprouts home sprouted or store bought or other sprouts
- vegan cheese shreds of choice optional
- salt pepper, lemon juice, cilantro and scallions for garnish
- For the Gluten-free Crust or use any of my regular crusts
- Make the crust: Instructions below for the gluten-free crust
- In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients for the crust and keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar and let it sit until frothy. about 5 minutes. Add the flax seed meal and mix in. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add the dry to the wet. Add in the yogurt and oil and mix well. Let the sticky dough sit for 10 minutes.
- Using flour or oil on your hands shape the dough into a flat ball. Place ball on parchment lined pie pan.
- Spray water or oil, press with your hands and shape the dough to fit the pan with atleast 1/2 inch edge going up the sides. You can also use flour and roll the dough out between parchment sheets and then place in the pie pan.
- Even out the edges and let it sit for 15 minutes in a warm place. I usually put it near the oven when the over pre-heats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Place another parchment on top of the pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Prep the veggies and peanut butter sauce.
- Uncover and remove the pie pan from the oven. Pour the peanut sauce on the crust. Reserve a tablespoon or two sauce for garnish before serving. Layer the onions, bell peppers, crushed peanuts, carrots, jalapenos.
- Layer the sprouts, salt, pepper, lemon juice and vegan cheese shreds. Spray water on the crust edges.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes to brown the edges.
- Take the pizza out, Let it sit for 2 minutes before removing from parchment.
- Drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce. Garnish with pepper flakes, cilantro and scallions.
- Slice and serve.