An easy and delicious no iodine strawberry bread made with fresh strawberries. Great for sandwiches, snacks and breakfast. Vegan Recipe.Jump to Recipe
I have made strawberry bread before . This one is made using the mixer, with no salt, no dairy. no egg, no butter for the ever brave and cheerful Mona who is on a low-iodine diet for her radio-iodine scan. Lots of prayers for her and hope that her scan is super clean! Die you cancer cells.. die!
No Iodine Strawberry Bread
- 3-4 cups (375 g) bread flour
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (288 g) fresh strawberries pureed with minimal water (the puree should be about 1.5 cups)
- 1/4 cup (2.2 oz) warm water
- 1.5 teaspoon quick rise yeast and .5 teaspoon regular active yeast
- 2/3 cup (... ) canola oil
- 1 tablespoon oil for greasing
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon non iodized salt ( Ididn't have this)
- Warm the water and add yeast to it. Let sit for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add the flours.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and the yeast mixture and knead for 10-12 minutes(2-4 minutes then scrape and so on). Add more water if needed. The strawberries will keep giving out their moisture, so try to keep the dough a little on the dry side.
- Keep the dough in a well greased bowl, covered for about 1.5 hours to rise.
- Punch the dough to remove excess air and shape it into a loaf using the boule technique by pulling on all sides and tucking them under. Use some oil on your palms and some flour to avoid the stickiness. The dough will be stickier than usual, because of the extra moisture of the strawberries.
- Place loaf in a well greased pan, cover with a towel, and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake bread at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until it sounds nice and hollow!
- The crust will feel hard when taken out of the oven, but an hour later it will soften up nicely.. because of the strawberries!!
- Enjoy toasted with anything, at any time of the day!
- Total time does not include 2 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving